SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT / VICE PRESIDENT / DIRECTOR (REMOTE WORK OPPORTUNITY)
Are you a veteran PR pro with deep roots in tech? Do you enjoy making complex ideas accessible? Do you love the thrill of the pitch? If yes, keep reading.
This Senior Vice President / Vice President / Director is a member of the Spark leadership team, responsible for building a growing list of consumer and B2B tech clients for your respective practice group.
SUMMARY OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of strategic practice group growth plans
- Outreach to prospective new clients
- Crafting winning new business presentations and RFP responses
- Leading successful pitches
- Managing integrated marketing account teams
- Serve on the senior management team of Spark
- Actively contribute to the agency culture, strategy and direction
- Meet and exceed practice group metrics, including revenue and billability goals
- Provide timely revenue forecasts, meet targets, and work with unforeseen circumstances
- Cultivate and retain a practice group of clients that includes prominent brands and sought-after start-ups
- Grow practice group client base by a) organically growing existing clients, b) vetting, pitching and winning in-bound leads from Spark’s network, and c) prospecting new opportunities from your personal network and outreach.
- Liaise with executive teams and be a respected counselor to client companies
- Provide hands-on leadership in the success of accounts
- Develop internal team leaders across accounts
- Be a ‘lead by example’ Spark ambassador, both internally and externally, by continually highlighting examples of Spark’s best work and educating employees about the agency’s high standards
- Grow, mentor, and manage an exceptional team of talent. Coach junior staff to eventually lead his/her own practice group
- Run your practice group efficiently and effectively, adhering to internal operations processes such as budgeting, invoicing, and time-management
- Ability to attract Director/Vice President quality candidates to support leading the practice group
- Ability to transition effortlessly from visionary planner to hands-on executor
- Broad client experience across technology, business and consumer brands
- Extensive experience in identifying and pursuing new business opportunities
- Ability to achieve, evaluate and measure campaign results against objectives
- A team-player with strong hands-on leadership qualities
- Capacity to effectively manage multiple teams
- At least 10 years of progressive experience
The ideal candidate lives and breathes the core Spark values:
- Accelerate – Demonstrates passion, drive and ambition
- Be real – Demonstrates authenticity, honesty, transparency and self-awareness
- Equality for all – Demonstrates collaboration and inclusiveness; is open to diverse personalities, learning styles, opinions and life experiences; empowers others
- Explore – Demonstrates innovation, courage and ability to take smart risks
- Sparkle – Demonstrates enthusiasm, optimism and grace under pressure
Why Work at Spark?
Remote work flexibility, Spark PR covers 95-100% off health, dental, and vision for our employees. You can also count on a company managed 401K, Flexible Spending Accounts, and monthly cell-phone subsidy.