Responsible for leading TierPoint’s sales success in the 25 state Western Region, with a specific focus on the Cloud, Content, Networks, IT, Finance, and Enterprise verticals. Leads an organization of 4 Regional Sales VP’s, with teams focused on new logo acquisition, and 1 Strategic Account VP, with a team focused on strategic/transformational new logo opportunities, and developing large/complex existing TierPoint clients. Provides professional leadership and coordination of sales and support teams in all stages of the sales cycle. Develops value propositions and business cases, while leading on commercial, legal and other negotiations that deliver the sale. Maximizes TierPoint’s financial outcome by securing profitable business.
The ideal candidate is a highly strategic Sales leader with a team-based, cross-functional perspective coupled with a relentless passion for results and achievement. The individual desired must be able to grow recurring B2B revenue based on their insights into the target verticals, as an excellent grasp of broader services and solutions selling that can help the TierPoint sales team make the transition up market. They understand the competitive environment and have an ability to craft successful sales growth strategies in close alignment with the Technology, IT, Operations, and Marketing functions.
Culturally, this individual is able to build cohesive, customer-centric organizations with strong, interdepartmental relationships. They drive a common vision which enables key functions to work effectively together, facilitating alignment between key functions to ensure frequent, constructive communication. Teamwork with the Marketing organization will be critical as they work together to craft product launches and support market verticals with targeted product positioning.
- Lead, inspire, motivate and recognize the Western Region sales team while supporting their sales plans and activities. Ensure that the team has the knowledge, skill and developmental plans to overachieve in their assigned roles.
- Develop and implement sales strategies and the associated sales cadence required to overachieve net new Monthly Recurring Revenue targets. Stimulate profitable revenue growth through acquisition of new business.
- Focus on developing executive level client relationships through all facets of the client engagement cycle, from qualification through negotiations. Maintain executive contact with clients, focusing on the establishment and ongoing development of long term relationships.
- Analyze monthly performance of sales funnel, revenue and other key operating performance indicators. Communicate daily with the Regional VP’s to identify and implement actions to address production shortfalls.
- Work closely with the Regional VP’s in all aspects of performance management within the sales organization to address skill gaps, resolve weaknesses, and manage performance improvement plans. Actively participate in the ongoing recruitment of new quota bearing sales employees and the professional development plans of current employees.
- Allocate staff to existing and targeted accounts while reviewing account support structure and processes. Identify and implement changes to improve and ensure client satisfaction.
- Ensure effective communications within the sales team, and with all key stakeholders within the wider TierPoint organization.
- Develop business plans and strategies to position products and packaged solutions to targeted client base.
- Identify potential service delivery, operations and product performance issues early. Gain agreement and implement actions for improvement. Direct and drive escalations as required.
- Identify new client requirements and communicate them to specified product marketing interfaces.
- Encourage and maintain competitive analysis and intelligence.
- Manage and encourage diversity in skills and capabilities.
- Ensure all TierPoint corporate policies are respected.
- At least 15years of direct, B2B sales management experience, preferably in the data center, managednetworking, cloud solutions or IT services fields. Demonstrable experience in C-Level selling and executive level relationship development.
- Recognized as an industry expert in multiple areas of professional expertise, particularly in the development and implementation of successful sales strategies, client relationship management, and performance excellence.
- Demonstrable success in transforming underperforming sales business, with minimal regional or national brand recognition, including clear experience in forging a common sales cultures during an integration of acquired assets.
- Excellent knowledge of big data trends (Internet of Things, Social Media / Content, Cloud Adoption). Strong understanding of the data and mobile communications industry.
- Demonstrable experience in applying knowledge of Hybrid, Private and Public Cloud architectures to sales solutions, including the implementation and management of these solutions. Evident proficiency in articulating key drivers and use cases for moving workloads from Public to Private Cloud.
- Strong understanding of competitive Data Center Exchanges and network providers offering Cloud Connection.
- Compelling, IaaS, SaaS and Private Cloud Connection product knowledge.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with quantifiable attention to detail.
- Ability to assess client business issues, requirements and budget constraints and prescribe solutions.
- Comfortable working at the C-Level both with clients and internally.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to articulate, document and present concepts, ideas, figures, action plans, etc.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and present straightforward solutions.
- Self-motivated, independent resourceful and adaptable.
- Excellent skills with Salesforce.com, analytical tools (Excel or others), and PowerPoint.
- Bachelordegree in business or technical field and/or MBA.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
TierPoint, LLC is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.