SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES
What began in Nick Tacony’s basement as a post-war, start-up company 70 years ago has since grown into an internationally recognized global products company with 11 offices, 500+ employees, and, successful sales in over 100 countries. Now operating under experienced 3rd generation family leadership, the Tacony Corporation (“Tacony”) is ready to write its next chapter as a distributor, manufacturer, wholesaler, and, marketer of diverse and innovative products in the sewing, home floor care, and, commercial cleaning marketplace.
Piloting a new chapter of growth, Tacony is excited to announce its search for a Senior Vice President of Sales (“SVP Sales”). This key executive leadership position will focus on driving Tacony’s sales strategy across all product lines and channels, ensuring profitable growth, leading high-performing sales teams, and partnering closely with marketing to yield success for Tacony’s independent retailers, distribution partners, national retail and OEM accounts.
Reporting directly to Tacony’s CEO, the ideal candidate will bring prior executive team leadership, proven sales strategy, P&L ownership, and exceptional team management skills. Tacony is seeking a strategic leader with growth-oriented mindset, an owner’s mentality, and, a passion for leading sales in an ever-changing multi-channel landscape.
- EXECUTIVE ENTREPRENEURIAL LEADERSHIP – Serve as a key member Tacony’s Executive Leadership Team. Partner with CEO and leadership team on annual business and strategic planning, sales and marketing strategy, product development, operations, and, the development of long-term goals to ensure profitable and sustainable growth. Partner closely and cross-functionally alongside executive colleagues while modeling Tacony’s core values and entrepreneurial leadership.
- SALES STRATEGY & EXECUTION – Drive profitable revenue growth, gross margins, and earnings. Evaluate and deploy sales organization in alignment with strategic goals to yield success in complex channels. Drive collaboration and partnerships between sales, operations, finance, and, marketing. Lead the sales planning and forecasting effort to meet both short and long-term goals. Evaluate new channels and influence new product development and pricing strategy. Serve as chief thought leader for internal sales teams as well as strategic business advisor for Tacony’s independent retail, distribution, OEM and national account base.
- TEAM MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT – Inspire, motivate, evaluate, and develop sales leadership and selling teams for independent retail, distribution, national retail, OEM, and international sales. Oversee inside sales and customer service. Evaluate talent and implement best sales process and sales methodology. Foster a culture of accountability, continuous improvement, and professional development. Measure performance and provide meaningful feedback. Resolve issues by communicating and partnering with the appropriate internal resources to meet customer needs and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Minimum of 15+ years progressive sales experience, including prior leadership experience on an executive team, senior management team and/or as a GM of a business unit within larger organization.
- Experience must include 5+ years in a sales management role with strategic oversight and day-to-day management responsibilities for international selling teams, regional teams, territory managers and or individual sales contributors.
- Demonstrated success in managing both OEM as well as national account and big box retail relationships.
- Experience within both retail and commercial sales strongly desired.
- Proven ability to manage sales through complex channels and in various markets.
- Prior experience in new product development and marketing initiatives a plus.
- Prior experience in managing international sales and distribution also a plus.
- Strong financial acumen, including prior P&L management experience.
- 4-year degree required; MBA and/or related graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Willingness to travel 50% plus. Travel includes trade shows, customer visits, team meetings in Fort Worth, Texas, and, occasional international travel to customer locations and facilities worldwide.
Other Skills & Abilities include:
- Must excel in entrepreneurial environment with an appreciation for family values.
- Proven experience in driving change, cultivating positive culture and fostering organizational buy-in for new initiatives through market mastery and a data-driven approach is strongly desired.
- A collaborative, yet, competitive and resilient attitude with a strong work ethic is desired.
- Solid strategic planning, organizational, and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and assimilate new information quickly.
- Well-honed negotiation skills and strong business acumen required.
- Customer-service oriented with a high level of integrity and character.
- Ability to build rapport across company while quickly and confidently gaining respect of others, including strong interpersonal skills, good listening, and coaching skills.
- Solid technology skills, including a proficiency with MS Excel, Word, Salesforce and PowerPoint.
- Personable, approachable, and visible leadership style coupled with a sense of humor!
This position must be based in St. Louis, Missouri. Relocation is expected upon hire and relocation assistance is available.
Joining the company means joining our family! Tacony is proud to have been recognized as a great place to work. Compensation for this position includes a base salary with bonus based on annual goals. Tacony offer an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, and AD&D insurance along with retirement, profit-sharing, and PTO programs.