As Senior Vice President of Marketing, you will lead a team responsible for all facets of marketing including acquisition & retention, digital marketing execution, customer lifecycle marketing, brand & PR, content strategy, product marketing, and partner marketing.
You will define the marketing strategy for a product-led company, targeting multiple channels and customer segments. You will lead a team responsible for adoption within a high-growth self-service channel, accelerating acquisition and retention across Bitly’s 8+ million monthly website visitors and 2.5+ million monthly free platform users. You will identify and execute on opportunities to expand relationships with Bitly’s existing enterprise customers and partner segments – some of the largest organizations in the world.
Reporting directly to our President, this role is for individuals who are innately driven to have a huge impact on their company’s revenue and growth. The ideal candidate will be an experienced executive who brings a unique combination of strategic vision, poised leadership, creativity, and analytical rigor to every endeavor.
- Accelerate growth: draw on deep data analysis, creativity, growth experimentation, and prior experience to optimize a roadmap of growth opportunities for acquisition and retention
- Predict the future: understand market trends, customer needs, usage, and buying behavior to size market opportunities and customer demand for Bitly’s products
- Tell a story: design and execute a captivating content strategy, storytelling narrative and brand vision that position Bitly as a thought leader on critical trends and emerging opportunities
- Move the market: define strategy and lead execution of all SEO, paid search, social, display, events, webinars, and partner marketing campaigns
- Build a community: bring together a community of marketers, sales professionals, customer success experts, customer engagement specialists, and entrepreneurs – all connecting around the value of the Bitly platform
- Collaborate on vision and execution: partner with company leadership, product, sales, customer success, and finance to define strategic priorities, annual/quarterly milestones and corresponding forecasts & budgets
- Empower sales and partnerships: ensure sales, partners and users are enabled with clear messaging and materials for the latest Bitly products
- Optimize our stack: put your stamp on our marketing technology stack to fuel top of the funnel pipeline growth and bottom of the funnel analysis
- Enhance through leadership: lead and mentor a talented team of marketing professionals through their valuable contributions to Bitly and overall career success
- 10-15 years of leadership experience in marketing functions in a SaaS, consumer-tech, ecommerce, or other high-growth technology company
- Successful track record creating and executing 100x growth marketing strategies
- Proven, hands-on execution in growth-stage startups with strong communities across marketing, demand generation, and product marketing
- Successful track record of partnership with product, sales, and customer success teams to understand the user, shape the product roadmap, and bring products to market through coordinated media campaigns
- Effective leader with a strong ability to establish processes and drive project execution across the marketing tech stack (CMS, Salesforce, data visualization, performance optimization tools) and channels (paid search, organic search, display, webinars, account-based marketing, events, etc.)
- Data-driven, ROI-obsessed and continuously testing to refine tactics using data in pursuit of demand generation and revenue growth
- Thrives in high-velocity, outcome-oriented environment amidst multiple priorities and goals
- BA in marketing, business administration, computer science, data science, engineering, or relevant field; MBA a plus