It's an incredibly exciting time at Sweetwater, America's #1 online retailer of music instruments and pro audio gear. We continue to grow rapidly, expanding this year to 1,700 employees, with another 1,000 new openings projected in the next five years. Accordingly, Sweetwater is seeking a Senior Vice President of Human Resources to join our executive group and lead our expanding team of over a dozen professionals at our amazing corporate headquarters in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
This individual will continually assess the competitiveness and effectiveness of all HR, Recruiting, Compensation and Benefit programs and practices against relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets as it relates to the health and well being of our employees. Due to our continuous growth, there is a heavy emphasis on attracting and retaining great talent.
At Sweetwater, we don’t just sell world-class products: we share our passion for music with our customers by forming strong personal relationships based on trust, expertise and integrity. This forms the core foundation of our dynamic and unique culture that fosters employee engagement, inspiration, and innovation in a setting that encourages collaboration and teamwork. Sweetwater’s sprawling campus provides many unique employee amenities that embody our mission to Always Do The Right Thing.
We expect much of our employees, but in turn provide them with an extraordinary work experience. As Senior Vice President of Human Resources, the individual we seek will be the main steward of our culture. You'll be charged with not only insuring all future hires meet our high standards, but challenged to continuously improve upon our execution of having Sweetwater be a fantastic place to work.
Because so many members of our team are deeply involved in recording and making music, our ideal candidate will also have a musical background and share our deep love and passion for how music is created.
Key skills and experiences required should include:
• Significant HR leadership experience with at least 8-10 years in a senior management role for a large (2000+ employees) workforce.
• Extensive background in attracting, recruiting and developing superior talent.
• Strong business and HR acumen, including problem solving and critical thinking.
• Superior ability to adapt communication styles to work collaboratively and build key partnerships with our diverse group of employees who are heavily populated by musicians and other creatives.
• Strong knowledge of progressive strategies surrounding Performance Management, Benefits, HR technologies and career mapping.