SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
It’s an incredibly exciting time at the nation’s #1 online music instrument and pro audio gear retailer. At Sweetwater, we don’t just sell world-class products; we share our passion for music with our customers. Our unique culture fosters employee engagement, inspiration, and innovation in a setting that encourages collaboration and teamwork. Sweetwater’s sprawling campus provides amenities such as a food diner, coffee bar, free on-site medical clinic, concierge service, fitness center with personal trainer, salon & spa, arcade and more. We currently have more than 1700 employees and are growing rapidly, with large expansion plans in place.
Sweetwater is seeking a Senior Vice President of Human Resources to lead the team at our amazing corporate headquarters in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading a large HR team in an organization our size or larger. This individual will be responsible for providing leadership in developing and executing HR strategy in a fast-paced environment to support the overall business plan and strategic direction of the company. Specific areas of responsibility will include Recruiting and Talent Management, Compensation, Benefits, Retention, Training, Performance Management, Succession Planning and HRIS.
• 8-10 years of progressive HR leadership with at least 5 years in the top 1 or 2 HR roles for a large (2000+) workforce.
• Significant experience leading and developing professionals in a combination of General HR, Talent Acquisition and related disciplines.
• Strong business and HR acumen, including problem solving and critical thinking
• Communication - ability to adapt communication style to work collaboratively and build key partnerships with functional leaders throughout the organization.
• Strategize, execute, and evaluate the organization’s HR functions and performance.
• Proactively consult with leadership as a strategic partner on business, managerial or organizational plans and programs that impact people, day-to-day performance as well as overall achievement of company objectives.
• Continually assess the competitiveness and effectiveness of all HR, Recruiting, and Benefit programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets as it relates to the health and welfare of our employees and the attracting and retaining of great talent.
• Develop internal staffing strategies and succession plans and programs to identify talent within the company for positions of responsibility.
• Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
• Develop and deploy an employee engagement survey and utilize the results to create action plans to measurable improve overall employee satisfaction, reduce turnover and maximize associate engagement.
• Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the company through robust Best-In-Class recruiting and networking programs.
• Create succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company.
• Continue improving the programs, policies, practices, and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people and talent needs of the organization.
• Manage the budget and other financial measures of the HR Department.