- The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Responsible for directing the overall operations and staff of the Treasury, Planning and Analysis and Investor Relations functions.
- Develops, implements, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives for Penn
- Participates and helps drive the negotiation of external financings. This may include, but not limited to, equity, public debt or private debt placements, as well as bank financing.
- Manages the balance sheet including foreign exchange exposure and hedging decisions
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership affecting the organization such as evaluation of potential acquisitions and/or mergers
- Directs cash forecasting activities.
- Supervises annual budget process
- Conducts business and financial analysis of significant capital projects inclusive of review of business needs and rationale.
- Directs receipt and disbursement of funds and acquisition and sale of other assets.
- Ensures that institutional reserves meet legal and covenant related requirements.
- Coordinates with Company’s other business units and maintains relationships with other financial institutions.
- Assists in negotiation with third parties including banks on business related issues.
- Manages the internal and external investor relations activities, acting as a spokesperson for the company to introduce, position, and market Penn to current and potential investors.
- Monitors changes in SEC regulations or other legal precedents to ensure a “best practices" approach to investor communications.
- Advises Company leadership about financial and industry trends, shareholder concerns, and competitor actions that may impact the company
- Assists the CFO with monthly Board updates and forecasts.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from accredited four-year college in Finance or related field; ten years’ experience in developing and monitoring key financial business metrics for multiple business units; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in analyzing M&A transactions and managing budgeting and forecasting processes for multi-unit company or division required.
- Experience in working in a business with international operations and tax accounting is preferred. MBA preferred.
- Public company investor relations experience preferred
- Must have thorough, comprehensive knowledge of financial accounting and reporting under GAAP and SEC requirements
- Must have foreign exchange and currency hedging experience.
- Ability to perform financial analysis, including review of external financial statements, analysis of key business metrics, development of pro forma P&L, analysis of key business metrics, and ROI analysis. Must have strong analytical orientation.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, investors, customers, and the general public.
- Must have technical proficiency and knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regard to performance.
- Determines recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Determines work procedures and expedites workflow.