Position ClassificationFull Time - Regular
The primary role of the Senior Vice President (SVP), Community Management is to lead and oversee the daily operations of a designated market and team. The SVP will build, implement and continually monitor strategic operational plans to ensure the continued growth and development of our company while striving to exceed our client and associate expectations. Demonstrates a passion for people and dedication to growing the careers of the team to sustain long-term leadership needs of the organization and promote retention. The Senior Vice President (SVP), Community Management reports to the Market President - Dallas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Develop and implement strategies that promote the organization's mission, core values and global service standards.
- Use Culture Shaping principals to lead self and team effectively.
- In a growing and evolving culture of change, be an initiator and champion of change and lead team through change management.
- Develop and maintain strategic plan as it pertains to short and long-term business development and organizational growth.
- Build strong relationships of trust with internal (i.e., peers and support teams) and external (i.e., developers and board of directors) clients.
- Able to manage up and build trust with executive leadership by demonstrating authentic desire to grow the organization and provide leadership feedback to supervisor.
- Create and manage profit and loss statement, budget, including approving expenditures for all areas of responsibility. Provide year-end input to corporate budget, in particular, to those line items within area of responsibility.
- Analyze business metrics throughout the year to drive performance of self and teams as well as shift priorities and adjust practices as needed in support of overall goals.
- Commits to attending, and leading in certain circumstances, all designated company meetings and events within areas of responsibility; including supervisor meetings, team meetings, client meetings and others that may arise from time to time.
- Maintains a positive, collaborative, and cohesive work environment to attract and retain top-level leaders and associates throughout the organization.
- Build a high functioning team of leaders and associates through performance management, coaching, mentoring, succession planning, and leading by example.
- Ability to clearly communicate, motivate and inspire others to reach company vision. Provide information, knowledge and methods that translate vision into reality.
- Promote the use of and utilize all company resources to maintain pulse on client, associate and vendor satisfaction. Provide new thoughts and ideas on how to respond when results are less than ideal.
- Partner with the Human Resources department and assist with recruiting, hiring, payroll approval, coaching and developing, and performance management processes for associates. Maintain working knowledge of company Human Resource policies, programs and initiatives.
- Partner with the Human Resources department on all associate relations issues to ensure operational integrity and client service levels are maintained.
- Build and support the organizational culture that drives passion for continuous improvement and development throughout the company.
- Successful navigation between staying curious, enjoying the process of evaluating options and ideas, yet knows when to pivot to a decision/action.
- Identify client opportunities with new and existing clients. In partnership with Sales and Marketing, support and participate in client presentations that lead to generating new business.
- Encourage participation in at least one outside committee. For example, CAI, CACM, BIA, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Manage 5-10 direct reports that ensure regional daily operations adhere to company policies, best-practices and delivers a high level of client and associate satisfaction. Direct reports could include, but are not limited to: Regional Directors, Regional Managers, General Managers, Executive Assistants and other positions as deemed appropriate.
Education & Experience
- Must possess college degree; or equivalent industry experience.
- Graduate level education or higher desired.
- Industry designation strongly preferred; CCAM, CACM, PCAM, etc.
- 8+ years of proven leadership skills and ability to lead large teams at an executive level or greater.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Strong ethical practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong internal/external customer relations skills required with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, associates, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, implement, and monitor progress for successful completion.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Demonstrates awareness of variables which could affect associateretention and/or morale; for both clients and associates.
- Demonstrates reliability and dependability to support daily operations, company meetings, client meetings and/or other activities.
- Demonstrated ability to train, develop and educate associates.
- Proficient in daily use and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher.