The SVP is responsible for the management of the landside commercial activities at the airport and their integration with the DEN Real Estate strategic land use plan. These areas include rental cars, oil and gas, hotels and other landside business activities. The SVP will grow the Airport's market position within these portfolios, build key customer relationships, and identify new business opportunities. He/she will also work internally to build collaborative relationships focused on increasing revenue opportunities, managing efficient expense budgets and delivering capital development projects.
The SVP will also lead and manage airport staff involved in promoting the orderly growth, development and improvement of the Airport's land holdings through market analysis, procurement, operational processes and procedures, economic analysis, operational budgeting, final construction permitting, and may include participation in marketing and project delivery implementation.
Additional duties include:
- Lead, direct and manage responsible staff, support the Chief Real Estate Officer and represent the City's positions, initiatives and interests.
- Maintain and advance potential prospects for land development and develop and execute a robust process and schedule for land to be released for development through the airport's procurement processes.
- Develop and evaluate concepts regarding planning, and internal and external development processes that are supportive to the overall vision and mission of the Airport, the City and region, in accordance with the Airport's aeronautical core mission, and all federal rules and regulation under which the Airport operates.
- Collaborate on initiatives with stakeholders across the Airport and within the City.
- Ensure all budgets remain at or below established targets.
- Coordinates division revenue and expenditure goals and objectives with the executive management team and the airport's Chief Financial Officer.
- Form strategic partnerships and lead coordination and outreach efforts with tenant and community stakeholders and collaborates with the government and community affairs team on outreach efforts to business and political leaders, adjacent municipalities, and neighbors in economic development efforts.
- Foster an atmosphere of innovation in order to challenge the organization to think creatively, especially as it relates to positive passenger experience opportunities.
- Coach, mentors, and challenges staff. Champions continuous improvement, including devising new strategies and new opportunities. Leads staff development initiatives that include training, development and succession planning. Establishes performance expectations and standards for all levels of employees to achieve or exceed performance metrics and prepare them for the future.
- Manage DEN contractual relationships in areas such as rental car program and land side property leases, business development and property asset management.
- Ensures divisions accomplish annual work plans, strategic initiatives, and performance standards.
We are looking for a leader with superb business and political acumen, sound understanding of strategic business practices, is outcome oriented, has experience working with staff at all levels, and a proven track record of excellent performance within a very complex enterprise. We are also looking for a team player and innovative thinker. In addition, our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 10 plus years of business development experience and project management experience
- 10 plus years of Senior-level management experience in regional planning, urban planning, development or construction or project/program management
- Public and private sector experience
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in a field related to the specific functional or operational area.
- Experience: Three (3) years of management level work experience which must have included managing professional level staff specific to the functional or operational area in the field of study. One (1) year of management experience must include budget and fiscal oversight responsibility, evaluation of business processes, and policy and decision-making experience with planning and organizing multiple programs, projects, operations or functions.
- Licensures/Certification(s): This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
- Equivalency: Two (2) years of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.