Position Summary/ Strategic Role
The Senior Vice President of Business Development (SVP BD) oversees the establishment and management of regional and develop private sector relationship with Technology, e-Finance, e-Insurance, e-Commerce firms and Business Development.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement corporate policies, procedures, and organizational structure for assigned operating unit within the framework of corporate policy.
- Review and negotiate legal agreements.
- Qualify and interview department personal.
- Perform financial analysis on proposed agreements.
- Prepare Business Plans incorporating department objectives.
- Is the senior level executive liaising with Government officials such as Ministries of Trade, Finance, and Economy as well as Central Banks and NGOs to co-convene events related to our global initiative.
- Oversees the operational logistics for multiple country events including vendor negotiation and venue selection.
- Ensures the Operations and P&G team manages identification of event attendees and invitation process.
- Directs content development of print and electronic communication materials for preparation by graphics design and e-media personnel
- Establishes relationships with local and international media and manages press conferences and press releases
- Provide support to any number of projects from an operational, financial, Legal and resource standpoint.
- Assist in the establishment, and ensure compliance, of operational units? short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives.
- Plan, staff, and supervise all assigned work unit activities through subordinate Vice Presidents, Directors and managers to ensure a cohesive operational unit.
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to subordinate executives and managers toward their professional development.
- Coordinate and confer with professional staff to resolve operations issues and difficulties, and authorize department operational procedures within corporate framework.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the operational unit, company, or as directed.
- Work with the CEO Office to shape and develop global and regional strategy and organization.
- Ensure proper reporting structure with global/regional/corporate functions.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within each functional area.
- Advise the CEO Office on strategic business development and key corporate planning initiatives that relate and impact the operations of the company.
- Must be discrete with high level of professionalism at all times in the daily management of the team.