SVP INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
Responsible for sales and profitability of International Sales for Mohawk Group, including strategic planning for product lines within the division. Develop the international operating policies and procedures, approve pricing strategies, develop strategic sales initiatives and coordinate with strategic partners overseas in the deployment of staff and resources. Develops and manages Sales and operating budgets. Participates in Client/key customer negotiations, development of subordinate staff, staffing of openings, and performance management of international Sales Directors. Responsible for top line sales and profitability across all product lines. Works closely with manufacturing, product development and international partners to maximize profitable opportunities.
- Manage directly and indirectly the international sales staff for the Commercial sales organization.
- Responsible for the long-and short-term strategy and operation performance of the international sales organization.
- Drive division performance financial performance, to include P & L, travel and entertainment expenses
- Oversee the ongoing development and management of the Commercial sales force, which includes recruiting, training, mentoring, coaching and monitoring each individual's success against his or her regional sales plan.
- Develop the international sales operating policies and procedures, approve pricing strategies across the different markets and geographies, develop strategic sales initiatives, and oversee the deployment of sales staff and resources.
- Build and maintain relationships with international partners to ensure resources are strategically aligned to long-term goals for the organization.
- Make recommendations and coordinate the development of a corporate image and corporate communication activities as well as recommendations on product development and pricing as applicable to the overall marketing strategies.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and maintains active documentation on calling activity
- The above statements describe the job's essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job.
Experience in a sales environment, working directly in support of a diverse sales force or sales service role
15+ years of job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement in organization of comparable size, business diversity, scope and complexity with 8+ years of management/leadership experience.
Knowledge of Mohawk's organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures and policies.
Basic knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefit and compensation plans and administrative guidelines.
Knowledge of budgeting and expense control to plan, implement and control expenditure while maintaining and improving quality standards
Superior oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers and senior management.
- Superior oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers and senior management.
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Ability to be assertive, self-confident, adaptable, and influential. Exhibits a "take charge" attitude, taking pride in work, setting challenging standards and expectations. Projects a positive model and is accomplishment focused.
- The SVP will anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; can articulate visions and possibilities and likelihoods. Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Knowledge of current policies, practices, trends, developments and knows the competition. Is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace and ability to develop supporting data and analytics for successful outcome.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group; to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.