Senior Vice President, Group Manager
The Group Manager is responsible for the strategic development, growth, quality and profitability of the small business bank lending and growth initiatives in a market.
Successful incumbents are customer focused, have strong decision quality, drive for results, are good listeners, manage with courage, negotiate well, have strong presentation skills and manage their time effectively.
1. Sales Leadership and Management
- Achieve remarkable sales results by implementing a sales action plan in an effective manner; conducting periodic sales meeting on the topics of prospecting, pipeline development, and deposit gathering; monitoring sales plan commitments; and recognizing efforts.
2. Business Development
- Make Comerica successful by achieving new loan business goals, business deposit goals and new business client goals. Be accountable for demonstrating Comerica's commitment to the communities in which we serve by being actively involved in the local community organizations.
3. Portfolio Growth, Development and Service Management
- Make Comerica successful by achieving loan portfolio goals and loan deposit goals. Build and maintain strong portfolios by facilitating application turn-around time, the percentage of applications closed; and assuring that the team continually seeks service opportunities with clients and updates financial profiles as needed.
4. Plan Income Management
- Make Comerica successful by achieving plan income targets; maximizing loan spreads, fees and non-interest income; and managing direct expenses.
5. Team Leadership
- Effectively lead and direct the work of team members. Identify, recruit, develop, assess and retain high-performing employees whose competencies are aligned with CMA's vision and strategy. Address performance issues in a timely manner with thorough follow-up and documentation with the intent to make the team member a higher-level performer.
6. Connectivity Management
- Achieve connectivity goals by coaching teams to work jointly with Comerica Banking Center partners; assuring the cross sell of Comerica products and services to existing and prospective small business customers, their owners and employees; building and strengthening relationships with existing customers; and cross selling as appropriate.
7. Compliance Management
- Ensure compliance by applying all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations; and Comerica policies and procedures. Ensure completion of necessary and required compliance related training. Demonstrate compliance effectiveness by achieving satisfactory or better ratings on all audits. Travel Travel is required of this position at least 10% of time. Relocation Relocation is not available for this position. Qualifications - Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- 10 years lending experience with an emphasis on commercial lending and business development
- 5 years of portfolio management, underwriting and credit experience
- 3 years supervisory and/or management experience
- Completion of a Commercial Credit Training Program