The overall mission of the Senior Vice President (SVP), General Counsel is to support the corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives. The SVP, General Counsel will provide senior management and the board of directors with effective advice on the Company’s strategies and their implementation as well as the Company’s corporate governance policies and practices. In addition this individual will manage the Company’s internal legal function, and when necessary obtain and oversee the work of outside counsel.
- Lead corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives.
- Monitor and advise the Company and the board on corporate governance matters.
- Provide senior management with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation.
- Manage the in-house legal function, and obtain and oversee the work of outside counsel.
- Draft, review and negotiate retailleases, as well as day to day real estate issues and transactions.
- Monitor social and vendor compliance in addition to ethics related matters.
- Prepare and review software license agreements, credit facility and loan agreements.
- Respond to state and federal employment discrimination claims.
- Assist with SEC compliance and required regulatory filings.
- Assist field management with disciplinary and employee relations issues.
- Maintain and protect corporate intellectual property.
- Supervise litigation.
- Review contracts and negotiate on behalf of the Company
Manage an in house team consisting of Assistant General Counsel, Associate Counsel, Staff Attorney, Director of Compliance & Compliance Analyst
- 10 -15 years’ experience
- Self-motivated, strong problem solving skills
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks and projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast changing environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, and Microsoft Office
A graduate degree from an accredited law school and admission to the New York State bar is required.