Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
The ideal candidate will have direct Private Equity accounting experience and have demonstrated capabilities in overseeing a large team. The role will support the Director and the Management Team of the Private Equity and Real Estate Fund Services line of business. The candidate will have a lead role in driving global strategic initiatives which will involve interacting with other Citco offices and various product lines within the organization.
Client relationship management:
- Interact with senior management and manage overall client relationships
- Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients
- Work alongside our integration team to establish plan for new client setup and transitions
- Coordinate with Operations group, Financial Statement group, Tax group, and Investor Relations group
- Maintain a pro-active customer focus at all times
- Enhance current servicing levels and deliver beyond client expectations
- Develop and implement best practice standards and drive towards efficiencies
- Establish and document business contingency plans for all areas of responsibility
- Participate in and lead projects that may be defined from time to time in connection with the continuing expansion and evolution of the business
- Visit clients on periodic basis to evaluate service quality and identify client priorities
- Assist in the resolution of complex client issues
- Participate and ultimately lead client pitches alongside the business development team
- Set challenging team goals and empower people to achieve them
- Keep people focused on critical goals and deadlines through frequent and consistent communication
- Motivate people by creating a high performance environment that is both challenging and exciting
- Promote and support change initiatives within the business
- Actively contribute to corporate initiatives as part of the management team
- Provide staff management support to the managers, assisting them to effectively deal with staff issues
- Actively participate in the recruitment process
12 to 15years’ private equityexperience working at a fund administrator or private equity fund
Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals
Skills in negotiation, business planning and budgeting, margin analysis, rating agency relations and technical accounting.
Familiarity with Investran
Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other comprehensive basis of accounting
Experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements
Project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Excel)
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
Asset: CPA designation
Key Competencies Required:
Business and Commercial Acumen
Quality and Risk Management
Operational Decision-Making; Execution
Client Relationship Management; Communication; Building Networks
Leadership; Building and Retaining Organizational Talent
Organization and Resource Management; Drive for Results
What We Offer:
A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.