The Senior Vice President Chief Information Officer (CIO) is responsible for providing strategic leadership and operational direction of Health System information technology, including leading the formation and refinement of the information technology visionary strategic plan aligned with overall Health System plans and priorities, leading and energizing a diverse team of technology professionals, developing and engaging various clinical and operational stakeholders throughout the System resulting in a growing confidence in technology leadership. Positively embraces and progresses the effective integration of technology to the operations of the Health System, and looks to provide progressive enhancements to the solution portfolio, and moves to continuously improve the value of technologyinvestments.
Actively promotes a Lean work culture by consistent use of LEAN principles, tools, techniques and processes, including continually seeking work process improvements. Recognizes the necessity of taking positive ownership of one’s own motivation, morale, performance and professional development. Strives for a leadership style consistent with being committed to Excela’s mission, vision and values. Is a progressive motivational problem solver and supportive member of the senior leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or other related field required.
- Masters degree in information technology, healthcare management or business strongly preferred.
- Fellowship certifications in CHIME, ACHE, ACGME and other professional associations strongly preferre
- Strong leadership ability, independent thinking and decision-making; analytical problem solving skills, sound judgment; excellent oral and written communication skills, must be able to function in a team environment.
- Strategic thinking and execution is essential; including demonstration of a broad understanding of healthcare trends and how technology enables value. Ability to articulate a compelling vision.
- Ability to communicate with all members of the health care team, including the wide range of stakeholders, physicians, clinicians, business operations.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, delegate and adjust assignments, projects and demands.
- Engaging and positive leadership profile, capable of leading a diverse team of professionals within a high demand environment.
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or other related field strongly preferred.
- Advanced professional certifications from CHIME, ACHE, ACGME or other organizations.
- Extensive experience in clinical and financial information systems. Minimum 7 years’ experience in health care. Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in management.
- Leadership experience of 3-5 years in healthcareinformation technology either as a Director or CIO in an integrated health system strongly preferred.