Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 47 days ago
Reporting to the President andChief Executive Officer of NRC, the Senior Vice President & ChiefAdministration Officer (“CAO”) will provide strategic leadership in a broadrange of functions including external and government affairs, regionalsustainability, corporate communications, corporate administration andoperations.Develops major goals tosupport broad functional objectives in the noted disciplines.Working with other executive leadership, thisrole is responsible for supporting, organizing and prioritizing critical issuesand required information for the President & CEO to facilitate effectivedecision making.As a leader,strategist, consultant and implementer, provides oversight and guidance toprojects of high importance and acts as an advisor to the President &CEO.
While this role does not directlyreport to the Board of Directors, s/he will serve as a partner to plan andsupport NRC’s broader mission and objectives to supporteffective board and committeeplanning and meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Plan, develop, organize, implement,direct and evaluate the functional accountabilities directly reporting to theCAO role.
Participate in the development ofNRC’s plans and programs as a strategic partner by providing knowledge,information and leadership on decision making issues affecting theorganization.
Accountable for ensuring thedevelopment and implementation of NANA’s in-region sustainability strategy andproviding direction and guidance to those accountable for implementing priorityprograms and actions to increase economic opportunities for the villages andregion.
Accountable for the developmentand implementation of corporate initiatives including but not limited to NANApolicies, core values and culture.
Accountable to ensure high-qualitydelivery of communications services and expertise to NANA and itssubsidiaries.
Provide leadership and directionto ensure that executive level support is delivered to the President & CEO,executive leadership team and board of directors.
Accountable to ensure effectivemanagement of building operations and services for corporate offices inAnchorage and Kotzebue.Oversees andprovides directionfor External and Government Affairs in order to build andleverage relationship with all stakeholders’ key to NANA’s strategy.
Act as an adviser to the CEO andsenior executive team and assist the CEO in facilitating effectivedecision-making and determining the proper course of action and delegation tothe appropriate department or individual to manage.
Coordinate the execution ofstrategic initiatives.
Ensure all staff issues areaddressed properly, efficiently and judiciously, and keep track of progressuntil resolved.
A Bachelor's degree in business administrationor related field of study required, Master's Degree preferred.
10 years of managerial andleadership experience that demonstrates success in executive leadership,program operations and business delivery.
5 years of managementexperience in the NANA Region preferred.
Excellence in business acumen isrequired.Proven track record ofpartnering todrive corporate and shareholder value and ability to translatethese into appropriate management actions.
Excellent verbal, writtencommunication skills and the ability to present to different audiences includingsenior leaders, the board, business leaders and other organizations.
Ability to analyze problems,develop and implement creative solutions.
Proven track record of effectivelyinteracting with senior management, workingstrategically and collaboratively, beingaction oriented and working in a fast-paced, team environment.
Must be able to travel frequently– there is an expectation that the SVP&CAO willspend up to 50% of theirtime working in Kotzebue or in the NANA Region.
Valid driver’s license with anacceptable driving record to be eligible underNANA’s vehicle insurance policy.
* Strategist: * Works in partnership withNANA’s executive leadership and direct reports to develop a clear vision andstrategy for key functions for which the role is accountable consistent withCompany’s overall strategy.Ability toorganize, plan and implement action to deliver on strategies and goals.
* Intellectual acumen: * Stronganalytical and process skills able to clearly and simply inform all constituenciestoward a common understanding of business, reputation and cultural performance.
* Integrity: * Unyielding businessethics, personal integrity and values that align with those of the organizationand the Inupiat Culture.
* Communicator & Engager: * Abilityto engage and motivate stakeholders through powerful listening, speaking andwritten communication.Creates clarityto all constituents to see, create and achieve positive business and reputationalsuccess.
* Judgment: * Displays willingness tomake decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explainsreasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-makingprocess; Makes timely decisions
* Leadership: * Demonstrates skills andbehaviors that create and contribute tosuperior performance.Effectively manages change, is a problemsolver and displays drive and purpose.Creates a positive environment for his/her teams to take authority andknowing when collaboration with other functions and the broader business isimperative.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
* Weather: * Indoors - environmentallycontrolled; requires most or all work to be done inside.
* Noise level: * The noise level in thework environment is usually that of a standard office atmosphere.
* Description of environment: * Officebuilding with standard office environment.
* Physical requirements: * Employee is required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel,climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carryweight/lift.
* Travel: * Employee may travel up to 50% to variouslocations within the U.S. and/or remote locations and may be required to usealternative modes of transportation, including but not limited to snowmachines, boats, small airplanes and ATVs.
Req ID: ADM00247