As Senior Vice President – Business Operations, this business leader is responsible for driving the internal functions supporting the Sales organization, in particular, Sales Planning & Analytics, Sales Enablement, Sales Support, Lead/Demand Generation, and Compensation Management. In this position, this sales leader will be involved in establishing the sales strategy - providing internal sales metrics reporting to enable sales leadership the visibility required for effective decision-making and strategy execution. In addition, this role will develop the Sales Enablement function, in collaboration with Marketing, to ensure all sales resources are fully trained on the solutions portfolio, and equipped with the tools, processes, and collateral, to effectively engage customers and increase productivity. This individual must have a thorough understanding of the Data Center industry, customer needs, knowledge of the competitive environment, and familiarity with the geographic markets in which TierPoint competes.
As SVP – Business Operations, this individual will serve as a motivational and inspirational senior manager, capable of coaching and empowering individuals to enable them to fulfill their potential, while developing compelling business value propositions with our solutions, and ultimately facilitating the closure of sales while increasing productivity. The SVP will be required to collaborate internally, developing and maintaining trusted relationships with senior-level managers and other key personnel. This position reports directly to the Chief Revenue Officer.
Sales Planning & Analytics:
- Lead Sales Operations function
- Create and maintainSales Analytics forSalesmanagement decision-making
- Monitor sales and sales productivity metrics
- Capture and interpret data for internal consumption
- Identify areas of efficiency and higher productivity for replication and leveraging
- Drive structured and creative revenue growth initiatives
- Ensure Sales team forecasts are accurate and administered with discipline
- Set monthly, quarterly, and annual quota targets
- Monitor CRM inputs and outputs, ensuring accuracy and data integrity
- Help the Sales Team build a positive, professional ‘total customer service’ attitude
- Monitor Account Development Plans
- Interact with Product and Operations teams, collaborating on long and short-term business efforts
- Develop Go-to-Market strategy
- Guide and assist IT with new system requirements
- Collaborate with Marketing to craft Strategy and Developmental Plans by Market
- Ensure Sales is equipped with the appropriate training, tools, collateral and processes to effectively engage customers
- Facilitate overall sales productivity through ease of conducting business
- Build an effective training curriculum, including new hire on-boarding and continuing education
- Oversee Lead/Demand Generation team; effectively utilize Inbound and Outbound Business Development resources
- Develop effective lead generation programs, including salescampaigns by market, product, vertical, etc.
- Monitor and provide process improvement recommendations for event planning and attendance
- Lead Sales Support function providing effective post-sale order management, order entry, and data management
- Effectively manage billing disputes and on-going service audits
- Monitor and promote upselling activities with existing customers
- Lead Customer Support function
- Administer Sales Compensation Plans
- Monitor Compensation Exceptions
- Create Sales Incentives as appropriate monthly/quarterly to drive Sales Leadership desired behaviors
Experience and Qualifications
- RequiredEducation – Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or related discipline
- Requisite experience 10-15+ years in Data Center, Telecommunications, or Technology related fields
- 10 years minimum of management experience
- Background in business management, sales, product, and marketing management
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Intuitive and forward thinker
- Dynamic and positive attitude
- Leadership skills
Key Competencies Include:
- Effective Communications: Deliver oral & written communications that are impactful and persuasive with intended audience
- Industry Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of data center industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority, e.g., on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, business issues, etc.
- Persuasive Selling: Utilize solution-oriented, systematic approach to selling; leverage mastery of sales best practices
- Leadership: Demonstrate a company and team focus, by building effective relationships throughout the greater organization
- Business Acumen: Understand key aspects of business, e.g., business models and competitive positioning; with an understanding of how business operates, including roles of structure, systems and processes
- Financial Acumen: Use financial analysis to make decisions, evaluate opportunities and choices; know how financial decisions will impact business success
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
TierPoint, LLC is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.