JENSEN HUGHES, a global leader in specialty engineering and life safety consulting, has an exciting job opportunity for an Operational Vice President of our newly formed Specialty Services division. This position reports to the President of Global Operations and is responsible for the overall performance of a portfolio of high-growth business units that include Process Safety, Security, Emergency Management, and Environmental consulting services. The position would ideally be located in our Baltimore office but could also be based in Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Atlanta or in other major US and Canadian metropolitan areas.
Primary responsibilities and/or expectations:
• Define and implement growth strategy for each business area.
• Manage portfolio of opportunities to achieve overall objectives. Launch, adjust or exit service area, as needed, to meet long and short-term Company goals.
• Manage a geographically disbursed team of approximately 200+ engineers and specialized research and technical staff.
• Drive cross-selling of specialty services across broader JENSEN HUGHES’ client base.
• Support recruiting, development and retention of staff.
• Ensure high client satisfaction by providing superior levels of professional services.
• Develop and meet all operational budgets with special emphasis on building sustainable, profitable businesses.
• Coordinate effectively with other regional leaders and corporate functions.