ME, NH, NY, and VT. As a member of W.R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: BER), one of the largest property casualty insurance holding companies in the United States, our financial strength and integrity are two of the main reasons your Independent Agent places business with us. Acadia is rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best, with an A+ claim paying ability rating by Standard & Poors. Acadia values our employees, our communities and our customers.
As a member of Acadia's Senior Management Team, you will contribute to the overall strategic direction of the company.
- Oversees the continuous improvement of P&C underwriting quality to achieve profitable growth for the company
- Delivers a collaborative P&C underwriting referral process to our branch offices.
- Oversees an effective quality review process; executing on local and regional product development.
- Provides relevant training and development opportunities.
- Experience working with actuarial and data teams to deliver predictive analytics that deliver superior pricing and underwriting selection results.
- The candidate will work collaboratively with other Berkley Companies and Regional Shared Services to deliver cost effective solutions to common problems and opportunities.
The Senior Vice President and Chief Underwriting Officer will also have leadership responsibilities for Home Office Marketing and Loss Control with the goal of integrating all underwriting, marketing, and loss control strategies in a coordinated fashion.
- Requires at least a Bachelor's Degree
- Requires a minimum of ten years of experience in commercial lines underwriting, distribution, and the use of analytics.
- The candidate must possess exceptional management, communication, and decision-making abilities.
- Requires a minimum of five years of proven people leadership experience
- Requires 25%-30% of significate overnight and local travel