Senior Vice President, Americas Operations
The SVP, Americas Operations is responsible for the world class engineering, construction, and datacenter operations for the 80+ datacenters within the America’s region. To accomplish this, the role will require active, dynamic leadership centered on our customers and fostering an engaging employee experience.
- Liaise extensively with the President, Americas on critical strategic matters and business issues, and lead the operations organization within the Americas region
- Partner with the other two regional operations leads and the Chief Global Operations Officer to align on global operations strategy and plan, while driving global results
- Drive planning, budget development, and strategic priorities to shape and execute operations strategy and objectives
- Partner closely with the President, Americas and the Equinix leadership team to drive teamwork and a progressively collaborative, transparent, entrepreneurial and people-centric culture
- Establish strong relationships and collaboration with key stakeholders in alignment and support of the Equinix Customer Experience
- Externally represent Equinix to Fortune 1000 customers, partners, and consortiums/panels/standards groups
- Oversee data center operations, including establishing key KPIs, SLAs, metrics and measurements (including performance, capacity, availability, budget)
- Inspire, motivate, and maintain a culture that optimizes the passion and potential of Equinix’s employees.
- Establish critical business continuity plans, including the design and implementation of disaster recovery preparedness, detailed project and program management, data center move process, and logistics coordination
- Plan and budget management for a complex multi-hundred million dollar operating budget.
- In partnership with Chief Global Operations leader and President Americas, establish Americas operations strategy and ensure priorities are established for successful execution
- Lead dynamic, diverse team spanning multiple countries and organization of approximately 1,200 employees
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure investment and projects are prioritized to maximize business value
- Provide executive incident response, problem resolution or change management
- Design and implement regional infrastructure for scale, performance, compliance, and availability
- 15+ years demonstrated track record of facility operations management and maintenance; leadership and cross functional management experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide though leadership, think strategically and effectively communicate vision and influence cross functionally
- Strong executive presence, polish, and political savvy
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead in a matrix managed organization
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence, using simple communications that convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way.
- Adept at balancing intense short term pressures with overall long term goals
- Strong relationship builder and collaborator
- Able to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Team Leadership
- Ability to create engagement and connection across the functional leadership team and inspire all, down to the front line operations technician
- Lead an organization evolution and motivate and excite the team through transformation journey
- Strong communicator – effective listener and ability to connect with all levels of employees
- Foster consistency and structure without feeling intrusive
- Learning agility to flex between process discipline and entrepreneurial spirit
- Executive presence, vision, and effectiveness in a complex, global, team-oriented environment are required to be effective in this role.
- Results Oriented
- Ability to navigate and build relationships in a matrixed organization and track record of driving stakeholder alignment to drive results
- Focus on execution and results – establishing high standards for performance, setting goals and developing plans, following through and holding people accountable for results.
- Strategic Orientation
- Strong business acumen – understands the “system” of the business and how each lever impacts the whole
- Visionary leader who has successfully grown businesses through the effective design and execution of strategic plan
- Commercial Alignment
- Business focused – focused on outcomes for the best of Equinix, not just operations.