Senior Verification and Validation/Integration and Test Engineer
11 - 15 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a talented Sr. V&V/I&T Engineer to become a member of a small program office team charged with driving the fast-paced development of an innovative technology application to a critical national mission area. Members of the GEOINT Innovation Office / Advanced Programs team are part of an effort to provide our nation with a new capability in a highly compressed timeframe under streamlined processes. The V&V/I&T Engineer will take a lead role in the oversight and review of all planning and execution of spacecraft verification, validation, integration, and test activities. The selected candidate will perform extensive ETG collaboration and oversight to maximize the value of Aerospace contributions to the program office. This position represents a significant career opportunity, moving from late-stage design through hardware assembly, integration and test, and launch in only a few years. Given the small program office team and nature of the program, this experience will provide a unique opportunity to work at a detailed level across a range of subsystems.
This requisition is for a full-time position in the Advanced Programs Department of the National Systems Group/Imagery Programs Division. The selected candidate will provide technical leadership and oversight to an acquisition program in the NRO GEOINT directorate. This position requires engineering depth, breadth, and experience in multiple technical fields and acquisition phases.
- Provide technical oversight and contributions to contractor design verification and validation (V&V) approach, plans, and execution;
- Align and manage engineering matrix resources to evaluate contractor V&V efforts;
- Evaluate contractor designs, trade-offs to satisfy requirements and formulation of integration and test (I&T) strategies;
- Provide technical oversight and contributions to contractor I&T activities at the unit, component, and vehicle levels;
- Align and manage a team of Aerospace subject matter experts;
- Excel in a fast-paced, small team environment;
- Interface with all levels of Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel;
- Be self-motivated to search for and recognize technical issues and develop related solutions;
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting;
- Support ad hoc meetings and briefings.
- Travel required. Up to 25% of time.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, or other relevant technical field from a recognized institution
- Ability to travel up to approximately 25 percent;
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience;
- Experience with the development and verification and validation of complex space systems hardware;
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with contractor personnel;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Must show initiative and leadership and require minimal management oversight;
- Must have current TS/SCI with SSBI;
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in engineering, physics, or other relevant technical field;
- Demonstrated ability to lead the activities of technical staff in the development and verification and validation of complex space systems hardware;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex multi-level requirements traceability;
- Prior experience providing direct engineering support to the development of space hardware;
- Prior experience providing direct engineering support to NRO acquisition activities.