Super Micro Computer, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Validation Manager in server production team. The position comes with responsibility of testing server products and development test plan to ensure highest quality reaching production and end-user. Monitoring the test output and its efficiency, and maintaining the SOP for test plan and test procedure, while support debugging of failed units for root cause investigation and feedback. Engage with R&D Team to review and set specs for developing products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Responsible to manage, lead and team building.
- Engage with R&D Team to review and set specs at products development.
- Testing of latest technologies in server products
- Capable to give guidance to debug and diagnose failed units, trouble shooting, repair and retest products.
- Approaches technical problems in a rational manner, ensure comprehensive understanding, team work and effective resolution strategies
- Develop database to track defect history to understand application areas to improve and track actual testing progress against the plan and ultimately provide visibility into releaseschedule and release quality
- Develop automated testing tools or test scripts to support and assist the company testing efforts
- Help providing technical training and mentor to a team
- BSEE, BSIE, and BSME or equivalent advanced degree
- 10 years + and above server system hardware & software validation experience in electronic or computer industry
- Good Knowledge of computer server system validation and debugging essential.
- Proficient in batch/bash/shell/Perl/HTML/PHP/Python/C/C++/Java
- Knowledge with Linux, Windows OS environments and computer architecture
- Knowledge with server system, networking, and storage devices
- Able to write and develop test scripts in Linux & Windows OS
- Excellent communication skills in quality goal achievement
- Proactive, flexible, and ability to work independently
- The successful candidate needs to have solid HW & SW system design and diagnostics skills, as well as a good understanding of BIOS, drivers, and applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, knowledge of Mandarin is a plus