We are currently seeking Firmware Validation Architect professionals to join a growing team within Intel's Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group working on validating next generation Storage technology. In this position you will join a fast-paced team developing the validation architecture and new validation software for Intel Solid State Drives (SSD). You will utilize and grow your experience in validating product architecture, external interfaces, and product constraints. You will establish validation architecture, design, create and deploy test plans, in an embedded systems environment and review and maintain the validation ecosystem utilizing Python/Perl/C/C++. You will use and gain experience in interface standards such as PCIe, NVMe and NVMe MI. You'll be part of a diverse engineering team that values open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success. The ideal candidate will have a strong self-directed work ethic, demonstrated leadership skills and a can-do attitude. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with team members, both locally and across the organization is required.
As a validation engineer, regular responsibilities include but are not be limited to:
- Technical Engagement through feature and product lifecycle to set validation strategy, methodology, and debug
- Validation Strategy Ownership and Implementation Process Improvement/Unification around testing and debug
- Validation Team Mentoring and Guidance
- Analyze and develop validation tests for internal and external (customer/industry) specifications
- Define, develop and implement firmware validation test plans and test content with deep comprehension of firmware algorithms and customer and/or industry specifications
- Integrate tests into an automated test environment, and collaborate with test execution teams to drive validation plans/strategy
- Work closely with internal teams such as ASIC and firmware development to drive test methodology.
- Identify opportunities for improvements, and drive improved validation methodologies within the team
- Work with project stakeholders to turn product requirements into development and validation plans
- Participate in and role model a culture which emphasizes product quality, team accountability, and continuous improvement
- Coordinate priorities and activities with other engineering stakeholders to accomplish committed milestones
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- The ability to listen, understand and respond professionally to partner questions and issues while building trust
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- A history of self-starting and effective multitasking, with strong influencing and leadership skills
The below minimum qualifications must be met to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in software or firmware development experience in an embedded systems validation environment with programming in Python/C/C++
- 5+ years of experience in developing, reviewing, and implementing test plans
- 5+ years of experience in software validation concepts and coverage analysis tools
- 5+ years of experience in validation strategy creation and ownership
- 2+ years of experience working with at least one of the following industry standards: NVMe, NVMe MI or PCIe