About the role
Trulia is seeking a UX engineer craft the Trulia front-end experience that helps people discover homes and neighborhoods they can call their own. This role works closely with UX designers, visual designers, and engineers to deliver a front-end experience that our users love.
As part of the Trulia design team, you will be expected to tackle tough problems with elegant solutions. You will craft groundbreaking, yet accessible products and experiences. This position requires a proven track record of front-end development for interactive-multi-platform web applications. We’re passionate about people, neighborhoods, and cities. Come help us design the future.
About the team
We care about one another and inspire each other to be successful. We collaborate in small teams to take on big ideas, which gives everyone a chance to have an impact on what we do and how we do it.
- Manage and evolve Trulia’s front-end UI system
- Craft a mobile-first, responsive, pixel perfect, and beautifully animated front-end experience
- Partner with engineering teams to ensure a consistent implementation of the Trulia design language
- Prototype solutions for mobile and web apps in partnership with design
- Collaborate with the visual design team to maintain design consistency and coherence across the features on Trulia
- Document system and advocate to partners
- Evangelize best UI front-end practices to designers, engineers, and product managers
Who you are
- At least 5 years developing front-end solutions for digital consumer experiences
- Has successfully implemented design systems for interactive, multi-platform web applications (i.e., not just marketing sites)
- Experience working on cross-functional teams on large development efforts
- Experience with modern front-end tools (e.g React, Webpack, Babel, Yarn, etc.) and CSS and other styling tools
- Understands and can explain the challenges associated with client-side performance and multi-device development (screen size and resolution, different pointer devices, network issues, etc.)
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and positive person that collaborates well with others
- Passion for marketplaces, communities and cities is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Design, CS or similar field