The Sr. UX Designer reports to the Director of User Experience and is responsible for providing vision, oversight and direction to the UX/UI team responsible for designing beautiful products that enhance the experience with our learning products. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as part of an Agile/Lean squad, while leading design projects on both existing and new products. The ideal candidate will excel in an environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with team collaboration and open communication. You will work closely with members of your team as well as with other squads internationally.
This is a unique opportunity to join a well-established company that is transitioning to Design Thinking within a Lean methodology and cloud products. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and offer a start-up mentality with the stability of a mature company.
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the UX/UI team responsible for products across the Skillsoft learning suite of products
- Communicate and present design vision to key stakeholders to build cross-functional consensus
- Manage UX/UI deliverables by leading the overall design and coordinating work across the UX/UI team
- Be the subject matter expert on Design Thinking, and focus design of the desired end-to-end user experience based on research and usage data.
- Solid understanding of brand and capable of executing designs that support and communicate the brand value.
- Partner with the Product Owners to prioritize design and engineering goals. Contribute and collaborate with team members in formulating data-driven product workflow assumptions
- Be an end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly execute design work utilizing simulation applications to achieve a high standard for quality within time and technical constraints.
- Produce workflow diagrams, wireframes, and final comps for mobile and responsive desktop applications
- Provide project estimates for UI Design time and effort
- Work with engineers and product managers to implement your designs and work with product and engineering management to ensure efficient testing and release of designs into the product
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7-10 years designing with UI/UX practices, strong understanding of product development, all user experience disciplines, Lean UX and Agile methodologies
- Strong proficiency working with diagramming and prototyping software, as well as familiarity with front-end code and web / mobile-based environments
- Demonstrated experience designing complex workflows and interfaces for desktop or mobile products, demonstrated by a portfolio that highlights recent work and your design decisions
- Experienced in the application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices. Well-versed in the latest UI/UX trends and technologies.
- Mastery with a range of current design and prototyping tools: Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Individual must be a proactive problem solver and able to handle multiple complex projects and tasks
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 and 508 Accessibility (A11Y) guidelines
- BA/BS or related degree
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.