Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
Our focus on the player experience places designers in a unique position to influence product direction through bold design decisions. We apply design thinking and take a holistic approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. That means we reach beyond core gameplay and design for things like social systems, a player's sense of identity, and even real-world events. Experience designers at Riot Games work on systems that millions of players interact with every day. We strive to connect players with others and ultimately want to turn strangers into friends, creating great shared experiences for years to come.
As a Senior UX Designer, you'll be responsible for the design work in a high-scope product area that is complex and ambiguous. You'll give it through end-to-end experience design. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You'll work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to achieve your goals.
- Experienced with a great portfolio: you've racked up 7+ years in the field of UX, preferably on a range of large-scale, consumer-facing products
- Constantly leveling up: although you've mastered the design tools in your kit (e.g. interaction design, journey mapping, information architecture, prototyping), you're always working to improve your skills
- A dedicated shipper: great artists ship products, and you know how to get stuff done within teams; you can also thoughtfully break experiences down in order to ship value to our players
- A clear communicator: you communicate in a clear and focused manner to inspire teams to follow-through on great design
- A passionate gamer: you take play seriously, enjoying a lot of different types of games, but at the top are online games; you also empathize with players through data and your understanding of gaming culture
- Work closely with product managers, game designers, artists, and engineers on high-scope design challenges and feature sets
- Set clear experiential goals, follow-through on detailed design work, and ensure that your teams are set-up for success
- Work with other discipline leads on establishing design standards and patterns