Custom Ink, the leader in custom apparel for groups and communities, is all about bringing people together. That's what inspires our innovative online platform, world-class customer support, and award-winning work environment. With 1,600+ team members (“Inkers”), we are passionate about the success and well-being of our team and have earned frequent recognition as a top workplace from such organizations as Fortune Magazine and The Washington Post. Our customers are counting on us to come through for them, and that’s important to all Inkers - no matter what role they’re in.
How you’ll make a difference:
Custom Ink is a user-centric product company whose goal is to be the go-to platform for custom designed products. As a Senior UX Architect, you will be the architectural lead for a cross-functional portfolio of work and will help guide the evolution and direction of our e-commerce platform.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior UX Architect, you will:
- Articulate a customer-centric vision through influencing and managing a portfolios roadmap of experience initiatives and improvements
- Use Human-Centered Design Practices and design-centric methodologies to improve our customer experience (CX) through identifying Customer problems, using Customer feedback, and moving from ideation to execution
- Lead the creation of customer and internal system requirements that support the customer
- Own the details of the customer journey, as well as set the conceptual visual direction for which the UX Designers will execute against
- Evangelize designing with a systematic approach, educating fellow architects, designers, and engineers about best practices for working with shared components/patterns
- Build trusted relationships with product, engineering peers, and stakeholders with a focus on building consensus and driving CX through influence and collaboration
- Collaborate across the business to understand business complexities and deliver solutions to improve Customer and Inker satisfaction
- Work in partnership with your peers in UX Design - providing the context for the Design team to deliver high-quality design against our evolving design system.
How you’ll be measured:
- Setting a clear vision for the evolution of our customer experiences within the product portfolio that you support
- On elevating the functional UX strength of both the team itself, the Technology team, and the business as a whole - being an advocate for design-thinking
- Building consistency and cohesion in the visual communication of our products. Creating a shared language for all stakeholders in the product development lifecycle
- Delivering measurable KPI improvements to the business - either through sales / conversion gains or builds in satisfaction or quality control.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience creating consumer-facing digital products in an in-house environment
- A background in user experience, visual, and interaction design
- Mastery of core skills: research, discovery, IA, concepting and design; and soft skills: empathy, curiosity, collaboration, and communication
- Software Experience in Sketch, InVision, CSS, and HTML
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful user-centered designs
- Excellent communicator, ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences, and varying levels of the organization
- Able to clearly articulate CX decisions in a compelling way and create narratives that bring stakeholders onboard and influence your team members; you have a natural ability to clearly articulate design decisions in a compelling way
- Open to feedback and critical analysis of work; participates and positively influences critique culture
- Experience producing high-quality, comprehensive documentation that equips our teams to understand the problem, the solution, and how to get it solved.