Primary Responsibilities: Senior Electrical Engineer with proven experience and working knowledge of electrical utility systems and engineering. This position will report to the Director, Infrastructure Energy. Provides systems engineering to conduct renewable energy and distributed generation engineering analysis to specify project requirements and identify issues and approaches for integration with electricaldistribution and transmission systems. The applicant will work closely with the project team advising on requirements and recommendations in achieving micro-grid strategies. Monitor the energy sector developments that are pertinent to the operating environment, i.e., changes in technology. Issues related to renewable energy facilities construction, and legal and regulatory changes within the sector. Leads technical discussions with utilities and industry involved in project development. Lead analysis of utility and installation power system capacity and load requirements with detailed engineering assessment of infrastructure requirements. Provides Technical SME role on existing projects and drive the integration of performance based business development into all tasks through project execution excellence. Ensure projects are completing on-time delivery of technical milestones, maintaining accurate spend plans and updated forecasts, and meet internal and external Project Management deadlines and requirements.
- Manage technical aspects of large-scale renewable energy project activities
- Lead analysis of utility and installation power systems capacity and load requirements, develop detailed load flow & fault capacity studies that impact electricaldistribution systems
- Integrate and interconnect renewables, micro-grid, and onsite energy generation into existing utilities distribution system
- Lead renewable integration assessments and studies to identify impacts of renewable generation additions to T&D systems including assessment of utility/ISO operations requirements and impacts
- Design commercial and utility electrical systems, especially as integrated with microgrid and on site generation sources
- Advise on energy systems operations and maintenance to optimize their capabilities, maximize energy and cost savings, and ensure continuity of operations to optimize energy security and system resiliency
- Prepare drawings and specifications for construction of electrical systems
- Perform engineering studies and evaluations of electrical systems
- Perform renewable energy and utility infrastructure surveys to detail utility routing and design of renewable energy systems interconnection
- Prepare cost estimates for interconnection of renewable energy systems
- Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering / ElectricalEngineeringTechnology or equivalent with at least 10 years’ experience, or Master’s Degree with minimum of 8years’ experience.
- Demonstrates written and oral communication skills and strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills for correspondence and report writing, presentations and explaining analysis and solutions to a variety of audiences.
- Is well organized with the ability to properly prioritize and is adept at time management.
- Strong environmental, health and safety ethics.
- Experience in AutoCAD
- Experience in electrical modeling systems
- Experienced dealing with regulated utilities and their regulators
- Experienced working with the US military
- PE Certification.
- Demonstrated business acumen and customer mindset
- Broad understanding of the renewable energy industry
- Strong work ethic, capable of working well in broad areas with diverse teams
- Positive attitude
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong environmental, health and safety ethics