Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Senior User Interface Software Engineer to join our Cox Automotive (Autotrader) team in Atlanta, GA
The Senior User Interface Engineer will develop dynamic web pages for high-volume, multi-tier, architecture-based applications. In addition, this individual must be eager and capable of learning new skills and technology, and be motivated to work in a fast-paced atmosphere where wearing multiple hats is encouraged. You'll be a member of a scrum team consisting of test & software engineers and product owner who are intensely collaborating in meaningful way. The expectation is for you to provider leadership in designing solutions as well as mentoring more junior developers and collaboarating with peers.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they're just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Technology We Use:
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Actively participate in agile team activities such as providing input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning for solutions
- Participate in ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products
- Actively participate in the engineering community, staying up to date on new web development technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization
- Work with Product Management to understand the challenges that our end users face and partner with UX to design viable front-end solutions
- Design, create, develop, and maintain dynamic user interface templates for multiple applications, complete with page-level unit testing
- Implement front-end frameworks to increase development speed-to-market
- Actively work with less experienced user interface engineers providing technical guidance and oversight
- Cultivate our culture of sharing ideas, practices and solutions
Required Experience (minimum):
- 5-8 years of working experience designing and building highly scalable/high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Ability to understand and work with product teams to engineer requirements
- Ability to be fully accountable for design and advocacy of UI solutions
- Working experience with user interface design patterns and visual design elements
- Working experience with appropriate database technology
What We Look For (preferred)
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with React, Node.js and creating applications to run on AWS a plus
- Good understanding of effective UX
- Web application development using responsive design
- Individual who thrives in a team environment
- Willingness to embrace and learn new technologies
So, are you ready to challenge today and transform tomorrow? Apply now.