To function as a usability expert working in partnership with requirements analysts, business partners, designers, marketing and software developers to outline, craft and define usability and user experiences for software development projects.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to help define business and feature requirements, user scenarios and use cases.
- Simplify and break down complex business processes into intuitive, innovative and elegantly crafted user interfaces consistent with Corporate and marketing standards.
- Create process flows, concept diagrams, wireframes and mockups to communicate high-level design strategies
- Perform concept validation exercises to outline interaction behaviors and validate design concepts
- Partner with corporate Marketing department to drive the development and communication of design guidelines and UX patterns to provide consistent experiences across our portfolio of applications
- Partner with software development teams to understand requirements and technology capabilities
- Lead design sessions
- Provide UX design mentorship and leadership to UX team
- Share UX knowledge and train development teammates on UX principles and process
- Potential management of direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Human Factors, Behavioral Science or related field experiencepreferred
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
- 6 or more years of relevant professional experience in designing solutions for web and/or software applications.
- 4 or more years of experience in communicating and delivering complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and various levels of the organization.
- 4 or more years of experience in concept validation exercises and analysts of results to influence strategy and design concepts.
- 4 or more years of experience working with software development teams for implementation and testing of designs.
- 3 or more years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe XD CC, HTML, and CSS
- Experience with Angular, Bootstrap, and Material design a plus
- Must have solid understanding of current web technologies, best practices and industry knowledge in already validated and trending UX design concepts.
- Ability to work across several development teams to help guide the consistent design methodologies and usability principals.
- Experience working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to remain flexible during times of change and react to project adjustments and alterations promptly, efficiently and positively.
- Experience working with Agile / Scrum teams is essential.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capability.
- Ability to influence colleagues and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal, written and relationship skills used to interact with a global group of technical and non-technical people.
- Attention to detail is a must.
Physical requirements/Working conditions:
- Climate controlled office environment
- Minimal physical requirement other than occasional light lifting of boxed materials
- Dynamic, time-sensitive environment