VMWare is looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to lead strategic research, deeply understand the needs of our users, and develop innovative products and solutions. You will generate actionable research insights to drive product roadmap and design strategy.
User research is the center of VMware's user experience team. User researchers work across different domains, user journeys, and products, to help build integrated end to end experiences for our customers.
- Have the passion and ability to articulate your vision, work with the research, product design, management, and development teams to understand needs, drive execution, and spend research efforts where they can be most effective.
- Be able to apply the lens of psychology, social science, or human-computer interaction to your research findings
- Be self-driven and take initiative to identify highly impactful research areas
- Push the boundaries of research beyond just validation to make sure we're looking at the short- and long-term strategy of our products and that our users voice is there in every part of the product development process from inception, through execution, to shipping, and beyond.
- Embrace accountability. Move fast, make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow.
You must have have:
- At least 5+ Years Hands-on experience driving strategic and tactical research in collaboration with senior leaders of design, product management, and engineering
- 6+ Years' Experience with a wide range of qualitative methods, such as field studies, rapid ethnography, contextual inquiry, interviews, concept testing, and usability
- Experience as a leader who listens carefully, communicates well, and has the ability to empower and inspire user researchers.
- Examples of influencing teams to become more user-centered and have projects to share where you or your team's insights lead to better results.
- Examples of creativity with research methods.