About the role
Zillow is currently looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers, designers, PMs and engineers to work on new product and business opportunities. Our work ranges from generative to evaluative, ethnography to usability. Zillow is a research and data-hungry organization and you will drive UX research and strategy to create amazing experiences! Since research is embedded with our product teams you have the opportunity to have big impact on our products. You will have substantial autonomy to pursue projects that interest you and benefit the team. Your research audience will be the millions of home shoppers, sellers and owners that visit Zillow every single day.
- Help drive the direction and UX strategy for products and features used by millions of people daily
- Have the autonomy to pursue projects that interest you and benefit the team
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
- See products through from ideation to ship
- Apply varied methodologies and approaches to understand complex problems
About the team
The UX Research team is part of the design team that brings together UX design, visual design, and user research to deliver excellent user experiences. Our researchers care deeply about our users, and are continually striving to better ground the company in user centered thinking. Our team conducts research to understand the end-to-end experiences across multiple platforms including mobile apps, mobile web, and desktop.
Who you are
In this role, you will employ a wide range of research methods. You are able to quickly turn around usability testing and tactical surveys, as well as get deeper qualitative insights through user interviews, diary studies, and field observations. You are able to lead research planning and UX strategy and execute in an agile development process and juggle multiple deliverables. Most importantly, you are a passionate advocate for our users throughout the development process and can demonstrate how this leads to business value.
- Master's degree or PhD in Experimental Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field
- At least 5+ years of experience doing user research in the tech industry
- Expertise in qualitative methods and quantitative methods
- Ability to move fast. Some projects will take a month, but on others you might only have a few days between request and completion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage your team in research and taking action
- Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary product teams to translate research findings into product improvements.
Get to know us
Zillow is the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help. Zillow is part of Zillow Group, whose mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.