Senior User Experience Researcher
Equinix is one of the fastest-growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That's why we're always looking for creative and visionary people who can help us achieve our global interconnection goal. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across five continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations, and complex Cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it's our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
As Equinix’s first Senior UX Researcher, you will shape the end to end UX Research process for a hyper-growth product development organization. You will be planning and conducting user research studies and experiments across multiple products and digital experiences, collaborating closely with our UX Designers, Product Managers, and other key stakeholders.
- Identify and prioritize research opportunities
- Lead efforts to craft and refine customer personas
- Apply quantitative and qualitative methodologies to collect and analyze user behavior data and communicate actionable recommendations to stakeholders
- Partner with engineers and designers to develop requirements for interactive prototypes
- Own the end-to-end user research lifecycle and optimize processes to make it easier for teams to apply research in the software development cycle. Develop processes to ensure consistency, rigor, and accuracy
- Partner with analytics teams to leverage insights from data sources
- Manage the user outreach program and curate the participant panel program
- Build and maintain the UX research repository of past reports, study templates, guides, and other deliverables
- Evangelize user research internally, mentor fellow researchers, and nurture a culture of experimentation through proactive knowledge sharing across teams
- 7+ years of relevant work experience within user experience research
- 5+ years of UX Research experience for Cloud/SaaS, PaaS and/or IaaS products
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or related field required; Master’s degree or Ph.D. preferred
- Experience with generative/evaluative research using quantitative/qualitative methodologies
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Direct hands-on experience leading and facilitating research studies and experiments, such as in-person and remote testing, concept evaluation, card sorting, A/B testing, iterative prototype testing, field research, survey design, etc.
- Experience with leading Research Ops for a small but growing research team