This is a senior level systems administrator position. This position is responsible for cost justifying new system purchases, implementing projects, leading projects, and for the analysis and repair of server and system problems. Responsibilities also include design, management, and maintenance of server Infrastructure.
- Server monitoring; baselines; disk usage; server tuning; testing of updates & service packs; anti-virus software installation and updates.
- Define and maintain Server operations processes and procedures
- Define and maintain Service and Operational Level Agreements and report compliance to management
- Define and maintain Server build standards and processes
- Define and maintain Disaster Recovery processes and procedures
- Technical consultant, representing server infrastructure in assigned projects.
- Assist Associate members and Service Desk Technicians with questions and problems.
- Keep abreast of technical changes that would benefit the Server Operations team.
- Strict adherence to policy, processes and change control.
- Update Server Operations Documentation as it pertains to assigned servers and services.
- Recommend and implement updates and upgrades.
- Take a leading role in regularly scheduled maintenance and upgrades to assigned servers
- Keep manager informed of work status, problems or potential problems.
- Continue education in an applicable area of the network.
- Participate in On-Call rotation
- Provide leadership to the Server Operations Team.
- Requires 10+ years of UNIX/Linux server administration experience
- Associates Degree or comparable technical degree
- Experience with Solaris and RedHat Enterprise Linux operating systems
- Experience with Solaris and RedHat Operating Systems
- Experience scripting with Perl, Bash, and Python
- Experience with Apache, JBOSS, Weblogic, Tomcat Application Servers
- Experience with Oracle Database
- Experience with a reverse proxy systems
- Experience with Solaris Zones and ZFS
- Experience in a VMware ESX environment
- Experience with system automation tools such as RedHat Satellite, Puppet, and Chef.
- Experience with highly available geographically diverse systems.
- Experience with Hadoop infrastructure.
- Ability to work directly with 3rd party service delivery partners for successful infrastructure deployment and operations.
- Good self-direction and follow-through
- Can research and present solutions and alternatives
- Good problem solving skills.
- Service oriented.
- Communicates well with users and management.
- Ability to work with various personality types.
- Handles stressful situations in a calm manner.
- Good organizational skills and record keeping skills.
- Willing to put in extra time as needed.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends on an on-call basis.