Senior Unified Communications Architect
The Senior Unified Communications Architect will be part of team responsible for building and maintaining comprehensive Telecommunications systems. This person will support MGM efforts through voice infrastructurearchitecture, design and implementation. Working with other architects, this individual will architect and design voice systems based on specific project needs that are secure, highly available and scalable. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices, and procedures.
- Design, develop and implement enterprise level voice and communication centric solutions
- Work with key stake holders to gather business requirements and design detailed voice architectures based on defined requirements
- Interact with and manage tasks with members of cross-functional teams.
- Partner with the business to ensure solutions support current and long term business needs
- Develop and deliver operational and design documentation for all projects
- Hands on experience with different voice and network platforms
- Voice and Networking experience to include VoIP and traditional routing and switching platforms
- Experience building on premise, off-premise and hybrid infrastructure solutions
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working knowledge of telephony soft-switches, IVRs, Voicemail, SBCs and call routing
- Working knowledge of layer 3 routers, layer 2 switches, including layer 2 and 3 networking fundamentals and associated routing protocols
- Working knowledge of computer servers and various operating systems (UNIX, Linux, Windows, etc.)
- Knowledge of industry standard voice over IP platforms
- Working knowledge in network design, networkarchitecture, protocols and network topology
- Working knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years in roles designing and implementing enterprise-level voice and networking platforms and administration.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge on the components of IT Voice and NetworkArchitecturerequired
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent. (education)
- (Computer skills/programs)
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Experience working industry standard voice systems
- Experience with Network topology and systems
- Previous experience in a hospitality and/or gaming industry
- Cisco and/or Microsoft certifications