We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
The Senior Underwriter is responsible for evaluating complex franchise finance requests for new and existing franchise finance request including, lines of credit, term loans and deloc’s as well as, spreading financial statements, processing loan renewals and extensions, with aggressive turnaround parameters and goals, all in accordance with bank polices/regulatory requirements. The underwriter must be able to evaluate complex transaction structures and analysis of business and guarantors/sponsors. Additional scope of responsibilities includes performing due diligence and gathering information as necessary to make sound lending decisions. The underwriter will also perform other duties as necessary to support the goals and objectives of the Franchise Finance area. An understanding of the Bank’s Credit Policy and outside regulatory requirements is also required.
- Evaluate prospective and or existing complex loan requests by: Spreading and analyzing current business/guarantor financial statements, have a complete understanding of cash flow reports, financial ratios, trends, etc. Also spread personal financial statements and tax returns and be proficient in K-1’s and cash flow analysis. The underwriter must be able to identify recurring and non-recurring sources of cash flow, the property’s ability to cover debt service liquidity and assets conversion cycle, collateral adequacy, appropriates of financial covenants and financial reporting ticklers in addition to the ability of guarantor to support the proposed credit exposure. Preparing Dual Risk Rating calculations.
- Working with the loan officer in reviewing credit proposals for new loans as well as for renewals, modifications and short-term extensions. This includes financial and risk analysis, purpose of loan, repayment sources, collateral, financial & reporting covenants, ticklers, industry analysis, and sponsor/guarantor review
- Order and review third party reports such as Appraisal and Environmental assessments. Run credit reports on companies and individuals to assist in the analysis process. Conduct research on specific industries/companies and due diligence on sponsors and guarantors to assist team.
- Review documentation such as leases, purchase/sale agreements for consistency and accuracy with credit narratives. This requires working with the Borrower, loan officers and portfolio managers
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedure
Who We Want
- 10+ years of direct commercial loan underwriting experience with an expertise in executing complex commercial loans.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Strong knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures. Must be detail oriented and organized, with solid financial analytical skills.
- proficient with all financial statements (Tax Returns, Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statement).
- Significant dual loan grading expertise.
- Proficiency in legal terminology and documentation to ensure approved loan terms are correctly interpreted and captured for monitoring.
- Demonstrable track record of working under pressure and managing multiple projects with limited supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as analytical, mathematical, and reasoning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with contacts across lines of business / clients.
- Technical aptitude with Word, Excel and Outlook