Our passion and mission in Risk is to provide small businesses and internal stakeholders with an amazing credit delivery and servicing experience. We work hard as a team to build and operate the most frictionless and scalable environment for small business credit delivery and service. We continuously invest in people, automation through technology, and efficiency through process optimization. Our team thrives on our culture – We are passionate about having fun, being open and empowering team members.
We are seeking an Underwriter to join our team in Arlington, Virginia, who will review, underwrite, structure and document new and renewal term and revolving credit products for the SMB market. Underwriter will be responsible for identifying, gathering, and analyzing relevant information to assess credit risk, determine sources of repayment, create appropriate loan structures, approve/decline the credit request, and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, credit policy, credit procedures, and the company’s credit philosophy in an effort to mitigate loss, delinquency and overall risk.
As a Senior Underwriter at OnDeck, you will:
- Underwrite loans in accordance with company guidelines
- Analyze application data including financial statements, bank statements, credit card statements, and business and personal credit reports
- Conduct interviews with prospective clients
- Determine credit worthiness and approval amounts
- Must have ability to communicate, in both written and verbal forms, factors in underwriting decisions
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for policy exceptions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications for Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline
- 5-7 years of commercial lending, credit, or underwriting experience
- Solid credit fundamentals in a commercial environment. Formal credit training a plus
- Strong analytical and intuitive investigative skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business financial statements
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, or schedule form
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workflows
- Strong independent decision making capabilities
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $5 billion to more than 50,000 customers in 700 different industries across the United States, Canada and Australia.