We are excited to announce that the Management Liability team within IAT Insurance Group has an immediate opening for a Senior Underwriter. This position will partner with our wholesalers, retailers, and aggregators to grow a profitable book. This position can work from one of our offices in New York, Chicago, Atlanta, or Scottsdale. For the right candidate, other IAT locations can be considered including remote.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ management liability underwriting experience.
- Review and analyze underwriting files, using judgment and experience as primary criteria, to accept new business or continue renewals within established authority level.
- Review and analyze all documents within or associated with the underwriting file to establish accuracy in identification and minimizing the risk of exposure, utilizing change requests, claim information, loss control and outside databases to identify changes in exposure to risk.
- Read, evaluate and interpret contracts and policies to determine exposures providing guidance and clarification to others consistent with experience.
- Provide clarification and verification of coverage to the team members consistent with experience.
- Cultivating relationships; while also achieving organizational goals; applying diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively work with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, demographics, experiences, etc., instilling inclusion in the workplace.
- Values people of all different backgrounds, cultures, and demographics contribute to an environment that makes all people feel included as well as experience a sense of belonging and fair treatment. Accepting and respectful of all differences (i.e., cultural, religious, gender, racial, nationality, knowledge, experiences, perspectives, etc.)
- Market to assigned distributors to achieve acceptable new business flow.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Bachelors’ degree in Risk Management, Finance, Mathematics, Business or the equivalent.
- The equivalent is defined as 5 years’ experience in P&C Insurance, preferably Management Liability.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Management Liability Insurance
- Advanced underwriting experience and knowledge of Management Liability Industry
- Must possess the ability to appropriately apply loss development and advanced loss analysis concepts to achieve optimal pricing of a risk.
- Must possess the ability to creatively utilize coverage features, deductibles, or reinsurance on individual risks to achieve company objectives.
- CPCU, ARM, or AU industry designations preferred.
- Requires strong math aptitude, excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Must possess knowledge of various computer programs, internet-based programs, and PC literate in the use of spreadsheets.
- To qualify, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require VISA sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment purposes.