Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb Global Casualty (CGC) Domestic is looking for an applicant to fill the position of Senior Underwriter in our New York Branch. Formerly ACE Risk Management, CGC is the largest operating division in Chubb Major Accounts; our focus is Fortune 1,000 companies with risk taking appetites. We offer customized & complex primary loss sensitive programs tailored to our client’s business needs and operations. The core lines of business include: Workers Compensation, General Liability and Auto Liability.
The Senior Underwriter will:
- Handle day-to-day servicing for a book of large, complex, loss-sensitive accounts.
- Be responsible for growth and retention of assigned book.
- Negotiate the annual pricing, terms and conditions on renewal business.
- Work on new business opportunities with key brokerage houses in the NY Metro Region, design and propose appropriate program structures and pricing for said opportunities.
- Maintain and develop relationships with their brokers and clients.
- Develop a pipeline with our major trading partners, as well as engaging other business units for cross-selling opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5+ years underwriting experience including time spent in the primary casualty loss sensitive space
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong negotiations skills
- Local broker and insurance marketplace relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of current insurance marketplace conditions
- Understanding and adherence to organizational and regulatory rules, and ability to adhere to underwriting authority
- Understanding of Workers Compensation, General Liability, and Auto Liability Insurance coverage, terms and conditions – included but not limited to ISO AL & GL and NCCI Workers Compensation coverage forms and endorsements.
- Understanding of large deductible programs and the credit and collateral implications of such programs
- Ability to identify risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls. Ability to select risk based on exposure and hazard analysis. Ability to analyze claims and loss trends
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.