Advance Your Underwriting Career at Ironshore, Liberty Mutual Insurance
As a Senior Underwriter - Excess Casualty you will be responsible in contributing to the growth and profitability of assigned specialty product line(s) through marketing, underwriting and managing of products and services of standard risks. Some risks may require special handling or unusual coverages. Demonstrates functional technical knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques to include coverage issues, product lines, marketing, relevant systems, and competition in the market place.
- Reviews and negotiates policy terms and conditions with assistance from the manager.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with the brokerage community to facilitate marketing of LIU products and services.
- Underwrites targeted new and renewal business of by reviewing and analyzing insured's (or prospective insured's) loss history, financials, and other pertinent information at the direction of the manager.
- Makes independent marketing calls to brokers and prospective insured’s.
- Contributes to the development of marketing plans, product analysis, services, geographic focus and broker intelligence.
- Communicates with other product line underwriters and claims analysts in order to provide comprehensive customer service.
- Performs related duties as requested to include, report preparation, presentations, and special projects to assist in ensuring the success of the product line unit.
- · Bachelor's degree or advanced degree
- · 3-5 years underwriting experience.
- · Requires knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- · Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- · Strong negotiation, analytical, and decision making skills are also required.