As a Senior Underwriter, responsibilities including a renewal book of $5M - $7M and generate new business of approximately $1M annually. The position will be responsible for driving profitable growth through marketing to their assigned Michigan agents and brokers. Products include Package, General Liability, Auto, Worker’s Compensation, Umbrella/Excess and Foreign. Programs are guaranteed cost and Loss Sensitive structures. We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated, results oriented with solid business and underwriting acumen to bring in opportunities and work closely with the Commercial Insurance Manager, Industry Practice Leaders and Home Office to position their portfolio for growth and profit.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Candidate will have experience in both Property & Casualty lines of business. Familiarity with global programs is a plus.
- Underwriting duties will include developing and negotiating price, coverage, terms and conditions for all new business and renewals while actively identifying account rounding opportunities for other Chubb practices.
- This position must collaborate with other underwriters, operations, claims, marketing, and home office management as necessary.
- The underwriter must implement and manage effective pricing and rate strategies that will produce profitability, book growth, retention and successful producer relations.
- Strong sales and marketing skills are critical; must be able to demonstrate successful agency and broker management, including building, maintaining and managing producer and customer relationships.
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth within new and existing production sources.
- Knowledge of marketing principles, pricing/rate strategies and how to apply them to attain underwriting profit.
- Candidate must possess a high degree of proficiency with the underwriting process, with a solid background in risk analysis.
- Candidate must have ability to effectively interact with all levels of customers and collaborate with a team of underwriters, claims and loss control personnel.
- Knowledge and proficiency with technical issues, compliance, coverage, products and pricing strategies expected.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 6-8 years of experience.
• Must have proven marketing and negotiation skills
• Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills