Striker Insurance Services is seeking an experienced Commercial Auto Underwriter to join our team as we expand into new markets. We are hiring in Cincinnati, Chicago and Scottsdale markets. The Underwriter will effectively underwrite and manage a book of Commercial Auto and accounts for a leader in the property and casualty insurance industry,.
- Provide underwriting proposals and rate recommendations in a timely manner
- Utilize company underwriting models and prior experience to evaluate risk
- Carefully evaluate loss control, financial and other underwriting data to determine if a risk is acceptable
- Provide rate recommendations that are competitive and ensure long-term profitability for the company
- Ensure accuracy of policy documents and assist in drafting manuscript endorsements for assigned accounts
- Support recommendations with industry data, thoroughly document underwriting files, calculate collateral requirements and lead account review meetings
- Maintain positive relationships with internal departments and external customers
- Assist the internal sales force with marketing and networking efforts through customer and agency visits, seminars, conferences, etc.
- Monitor a book of accounts to ensure profitability and make recommendations regarding any action needed
- Conduct industry and competitor research to identify new opportunities and provide direction on business to target
- Mentor Associate Underwriters and provide interdepartmental and external training
- Review and approve Associate Underwriter quote recommendations for accuracy, completeness of analysis and compliance with pricing guidelines
- Assist in identifying improvements to the company’s underwriting processes that will lead to profitability and growth
- 5+ years of commercial auto underwriting experience for an insurance company or MGA
- Progression toward certification in insurance, i.e. AU, CPCU, CIC, INS or ARM.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with effective time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, finance, business, mathematics, or related field
- Prior mentoring or supervisory experience
Who we are:
Striker Insurance Services provides customized Monoline Commercial Auto coverage to over 80 classes of Residential & Commercial Artisan Contractors nationwide.
In addition to your annual base salary, you will be eligible for an annual performance-based incentive and the opportunity to participate in our Employee benefits plan.
Risk Theory does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/veteran