Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
• Manage a portfolio of casualty business including renewal and new business opportunities. The portfolio will include multiple casualty lines of coverage focusing on Insureds with revenues greater than $10 million
• Collaborate with Commercial Insurance and Field Operations team to cultivate relationships with agency partners.
• Achieve new business and retention objectives
• Work collaboratively with Manager, Underwriting Associate and unit and region colleagues
• Adhere to all underwriting guidelines outlined by the Division including all applicable Underwriting Guidelines, Authorities and Position Papers
• Adhere to standards for accurate and timely policy issuance, premium booking, billing, file maintenance, and documentation
• Experience underwriting workers compensation, general liability, automobile liability or Umbrella/Excess lines of business. Proficiency of key underwriting concepts, best practices, and procedures which includes but is not limited to identifying exposures to loss, potential hazards, and appropriate risk management controls.
• Ability to use proprietary systems and software programs needed to conduct daily business.
• Marketing and communications skills are a must. Ability to present business objectives and communicate them articulately.
• Agency management is crucial. Service book of business including new accounts/renewals and midterm requests that help create opportunities.
• The candidate must able able to work in a team oriented environment
Minimum Experience Requirements:
• Minium 5 years of casualty lines underwriting experience
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with Underwriting systems and tools
• Bachelor’s degree or corresponding insurance course work.
• Professional Insurance Designations preferred (ie CPCU).