5 - 7 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Senior Underwriter - Remote
The Senior Underwriter is responsible for underwriting new life insurance applications . The ideal candidate for this position will have approval limits of up to 2 million and experience working remotely and in-house.
- The incumbent is responsible for underwriting life insurance applications promptly and accurately. They will be responsible for assisting with training of other underwriters and underwriting technicians.
- Underwrite life insurance applications making competitive, sound offers, in an effort to protect over all company mortality and maintain or reduce requirement costs
- Review applications in a timely fashion in order to meet department production goals
- Classifying files into preferred and super preferred categories when the product supports such rates
- Perform large case underwriting from career field force as well as brokerage market
- Handle referrals from Senior/Advanced/Junior Underwriters and Underwriting Technicians
- Determine when the risk requires referral upward to a Chief Underwriter or company Officer to insure the best underwriting of every risk
- Electronic reporting of MIB reports by entering codes on personal computers as files are worked
- Responsible for accurate entry or decisions into the life underwriting system
- Handle phone calls and emails from the field on a variety of topics including appeals on underwriting decisions, discussion of complex medical and financialunderwriting issues, and pre-qualification question.
- College degreepreferred
- 5 plus years of experience in underwritingrisk selection and risk management
- LOMA courses expected
- ALU Courses preferred
- Knowledge of risk factors, particularly medical terms and their effect on assumptions and large case management
- Heavy experience in workflow system methods, knowledge of successful operation of underwriting department.
- Proficient data entry skills.
- Strong organization skills, technical skills in underwriting & attention to detail w/ high level accuracy.
- Excellent written, oral communication and comprehension skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- High-level initiative, follow-through & accountability for actions.