Our Mortgage Underwriting team supports our clients in taking their various flow and bulk deals through the full underwriting and credit decision process.
We are seeking a Senior Underwriter to partner with our Client’s loan origination staff in the creation of high quality, insurable mortgage loans. The Senior Underwriter will evaluate collateral and credit packages for mortgage loans covering all levels of complexity. The ability to make, support and explain, verbally and in writing, sound credit decisions is essential to the position.
While you will be working remote, we are committed to creating a culture of teaming, collaboration and investment in our people despite the geographical differences.
Essential Job Functions:
- Underwrite FNMA, FHLMC, Non-QM, Jumbo and Portfolio Products within credit and quality standards
- Underwrite a minimum 60 units per month. Maintain a daily workload as needed to ensure prompt turnaround time as dictated by management
- Function as a technical resource to Loan Officers and Loan Managers
- Enter complete and accurate data in systems to ensure data integrity
- Support team members to identify potential solutions/alternatives for complex loan files
- Ability to independently analyze loan files to ensure adherence to:
- Regulations and legal standards governing mortgage lending
- Loan programs and guidelines, including superior knowledge of conventional, conforming, non-conforming, and government programs and guidelines
- Legal standards including red flags, suspicious activity and ethical lending
- Provide prompt, quality service to the Client origination team in a friendly and professional manner, supporting the inclusive, positive SitusAMC culture
- Such other duties as assigned by your manager
- This job will require NMLS & state specific licensing
- Minimum ten years of mortgage underwriting experience
- Experience with both AUS and manual underwriting methods including DU and LP
- Minimum three years of Non-QM/Jumbo/Portfolio underwriting experience
- Highly organized and able to prioritize
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented with strong data analysis skills
- Good working knowledge of mortgage loan processing and relevant legal regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and automated underwriting systems
- The employee may be required to report to a different local office as a normal, contemplated, and mandated incident of their employment
- Office environment with frequent computer use
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Hearing, talking, reaching, grasping, standing, and repetitive motions
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.