As a member of the Engineering Department, you will participate in technical activities related to the ongoing development and production of its 4000 tonne per day underground gold mining operation. You will ensure the safe, economical and environmentally sound operation of the underground mine, as well as keeping operations up to date with compliance and safety practices. The successful candidate will have a background in mining engineering with exposure to stope design, ventilation, survey and ground control. The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated ability to assume increasing levels of responsibility. It is critical he or she has the capability to work positively with a team of professionals, mine supervision and mine workers and can adapt easily and quickly to changes within a fast-paced mining environment. Responsibilities:Reporting to the Underground Chief Engineer, the Senior Underground Planning Engineer will beresponsiblefor:
- Lead a team of individuals and manage design work required for the development and production of the underground. Ultimately accountable for the timely delivery of designs and their accuracy.
- Preparing short/medium term schedules that aim to meet or exceed site objectives and support the long-term mining plan. Identify contingency plans to overcome shortfalls in production and development. Ensure plan is appropriate for equipment and manpower levels, and that it does not exceed the ventilation or ore movement system constraints.
- Coordinate with mine operations on a daily basis to ensure plan is being adhered to and to minimize disruptions. Complete regular variance reports and stope status reports.
- Coordinating with the open pit, maintenance and operations planning groups to optimize the mining plan, ensure sufficient mill feed and minimize disruptions.
- Set goals and objectives for Engineering, Training, and Process Improvement. Ensure areas of responsibility meet goals and objectives by providing systems, resources, and training as needed.
- Provide regular field supervision of engineers, geologists and technicians in the underground mine.
- Optimally manage human resource matters (vacations, absenteeism, quality and quantity of work, etc). Oversee the work schedules of assigned personnel to meet completion dates, technical specifications and budget limits.
- Degree in Mining Engineering Required.
- A license to practice Professional Engineering in Ontario (or eligibility) Required
- Demonstrated understanding of North American Engineering standards.
- A minimum of five years of Mining Engineering experience. Strong presentation and verbal skills. Able to communicate ideas and recommendations in both written and verbal forms across all levels of the organization in a clear manner.
- Excellent time and productivity management skills.
- Excellent computer skills including: Microsoft Office, Vulcan, and Deswik.
- Proven ability to perform in a safe and efficient manner Required