How would you like to work at a fun, dynamic company where your contributions will truly make a difference?
Viome is a wellness as a service company that applies artificial intelligence and machine learning to biological data – e.g., microbiome and transcriptome data – to provide personalized recommendations and services for healthy living. We are a small, interdisciplinary and passionate team of experts in biochemistry, microbiology, medicine, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Viome is seeking a brand-forward Senior UI/UX Product Designer with outstanding experience in leading research and design teams to success. Under the supervision of our General Manager - Consumer Division, this role is responsible for understanding how to best engage customers with our services and their health, including how to change behavior. You will design experiences for responsive web, Android and iOS.
This a full-time onsite position at Viome’s headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
Please provide your portfolio when applying. Applications without a link to a portfolio will not be considered.
- Lead research and development of new approaches to complex interface and UX problems, conveying these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications.
- Propose and build mechanisms for evaluating and measuring customer experience.
- Facilitate project brainstorms and foster a team eager to generate creative concepts grounded in customer research and analytics.
- Partner with product management as a user advocate and team lead, identifying product features and functionality related to business objectives.
- Illustrate design options using storyboards, process flows, prototypes, and sitemaps along with thorough research and analyses.
- Balance multiple product streams, prioritize, and work well under pressure in a fast-moving working environment while managing a team who are doing the same.
- Build experiences across web, Android and iOS.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 7+ years prior design experience in a D2C business.
- 3+ years as leader of a design team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to clearly communicate design concepts and user specifications to product, marketing and engineering teams.
- Demonstrated track record of success in building products based on consumer needs and research.
- Passion and product experience in health, wellness, and/or behavior change.
- Extensive experience with creative software including Sketch, Adobe Products (Photoshop, XD, Illustrator), Invision.
- Experience working with software engineering teams (front or backend), understanding high level architecture design concepts and partnering through debugging, CX simplification.
- Expertise in core design skills including the development of scalable design systems, intuitive interaction models, information architecture, user flows, pattern guides, motion graphic studies and product features.
- A career steeped in experiences launching diverse ranges of digital products (apps, websites, and software) across platforms (mobile, tablet, desktop, and connected devices).
- Deep experience working in growth stage business.
- Appreciation of brand design and the belief that products shipped must represent the brand with consistent visual identity and language.
- People describe you as: Fast-moving, Leader, Opinionated, Fearless, Creative, Passionate, Customer-centric, Having high standards, Scrappy, Strong drive for results, A facilitator of great collaboration.
- Solid experience in eCommerce UX.
- Strong graphic and typography design skills with layout experience.
Viome's Benefits Include ...
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- LTD & STD
- Waiting time may apply to benefits
Viome is a 140+ person start-up offering a successful commercial product that has generated high demand. With offices in Washington, New York, California and New Mexico, we are looking to hire team members capable of working in dynamic environments, who have a positive attitude and enjoy working collaboratively. If you have the skills and are excited about Viome’s mission, we’d love to hear from you.
Viome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.