As part of the UX team, the Senior UX/UI Designer, Editing will collaborate with UX, product management and engineering teams to develop the design deliverables that move products from concept to final art. In addition, the position will build upon the vision for GoPro user interfaces, and communicate it to all members of the software team. The ideal candidate will be creative, collaborative, and extremely user centric.
What You Will Do
- Champion the user. Understand the motivations behind user behavior in the GoPro ecosystem and provide class leading experiences that engage and delight.
- Collaborate with the members of the Editing UX team, Core & Camera UX teams, Product Managers and management to define user interface directions for GoPro mobile software.
- Conceptualize new user interface directions for GoPro products and features while taking into consideration engineering constraints, customer needs and industry best practices
- Communicate new concepts and ideas effectively to a wide internal audience including product management and engineering teams
- Collaborate with other members of the UX team to translate concepts in to comprehensive interface designs that meet the deadlines of the product development roadmap
- Collaborate with other user interface teams within GoPro to ensure consistency of experience across camera and software products
- Work closely with Prototypers and UX Designers to ensure the functional flow and visual depiction are complimentary
- Assist other UX team members in maintaining comprehensive flow documentation and specifications of designs for U.S. and offshore engineering teams
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative user research to direct the flow design and feature implementation
- Manage difficult tradeoffs relating to product features
- Contribute unique ideas and influence the design work of others
Skills We're Stoked About
- 7+ years of experience, with a proven track record, in consumer product user interface designs
- Experience with visual design systems, particularly editing
- Experience working with iOS and Android product user interface (must have some experienceother than website user interfaces)
- Knowledge of workflow, wireframing and schematic creation tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively and convey the logic and rationale behind design decisions
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Passion for product and dedication to work in a dynamic and exciting team environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel (3-5 times per year)
- BS/ BA degree
- Results and deadline driven
Skills We're SUPER Stoked About
- MS/MA preferred
- Photo/ Video camera related product experience
- Sport Activity experience
- Experience working on user interface flows for hardware products with small displays ( less than 5 inches diagonal)
- Ability to create "clickable" mockups using inVision, Framer or other tools