The Digital Retailing team builds the automotive digital retailing solution – enabling consumers to start their purchase online making it possible for dealers to sell more cars, faster. It’s a solution that spans all of our consumer facing platforms: Autotrader, KBB and Dealer.com websites.
As we continue to grow our solution by focusing on visually appealing UX and effective user interfaces, we’re looking to hire a Sr. User Interface Engineer to join an already-formed, full stack development Agile scrum team. This position will be collaborating closely across UX, product and engineering in design and development of our front-end. The position will report to the Delivery Manager of the core product.
This is a great time to join our team. With a young, revolutionary product we have many challenges to solve and so much growth ahead of us!
• Translate concepts into hi-fidelity visual outputs across web and mobile platforms
• Work with Product Management to understand the challenges that end users face and partners with UX and scrum teammates to design viable front-end solutions.
• Actively participate in agile team activities such as providing input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning for front-end solutions
• Participate in ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
• Actively work with less experienced engineers providing technical guidance and oversight
• Actively participate in the engineering community, staying up to date on new web development technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization
• Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to define technology objectives, assess solution options and devise architectural solutions that both achieve strategic business goals and meet operational requirements.
• Take part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
• 5-8 years of working experience
• Working experience with user interface design patterns and visual design elements
• Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
• Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
What We Look For:
• Good understanding of effective UX
• Mobile web development and responsive design skills
• Effective Communicator
• Individual who thrives in a team environment
• Willingness to embrace and learn new technologies
• Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Experience with React, Node.js and creating applications to run on AWS a plus
• BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience