Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Envestnet - Wealth Division is seeking a Senior UI Software Architect.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Envestnet offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
We are looking for a hands-on UI Software Architect to help our Software Engineering team scale to our rapidly growing business. This technical lead position is responsible to architect, design and code application services and enhancements; consult with clients, executives, and product and sales teams to deliver innovative infrastructure solutions; and act as a mentor to less-experienced team members, improving internal processes and expanding the knowledge base.
The right candidate has broad infrastructure expertise, extensive UI Frontend development skills, a solid understanding of software development challenges, a base understanding of secure operations, and demonstrated abilities of architecting transformational infrastructure solutions.
- Proven track record of hands-on architecting and developing enterprise-class modern complex UI Frontend applications in an agile environment
- Expert in Architectural Designs and best practices.
- Experience building reusable components and libraries for extensibility (using tools like Storybook UI)
- Experience consuming RESTful/GraphQL APIs in a micro-service environment and collaborating on their definition
- Experience in Micro Frontend Architecture.
- Expertise in Test Driven development, preferably Jest and React Testing Library
- Proficiency with browser based debugging and performance testing
- Experience using Git or similar source control systems and any CI/CD tools
- Experience developing Fintech applications
- Cultivates Innovation, not afraid to introduce new tools and frameworks to the team
- Broader knowledge in other modern UI technologies.
- Experience with Micro Frontend Architecture
- Knowledge in Module Federation is nice to have..
- Experience in building E2E testing using Cypress.
- Knowledge in AWS cloud technologies or AWS services for frontend.
- Experience with mobile app development (preferably with React Native) is a good to have.
- Expert level knowledge of REST web services and open API design
- Automation and DevOps mentality
- Research new technologies and prototype new ideas. Help and support developers in implementing architectural suggestions and guidelines.
- Mentor architects and technical leads to help build effective engineering practices
- As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet’s established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls, and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing React,Typescript,Redux applications (ES6+)
- 4+ years in design, architect, building and delivering highly scalable modern UI business application solutions (e.g. in Financial Investment, Insurance, Banking, Healthcare, Retail, etc.)
- Team player with positive attitude, who can work collaboratively with other members of Envestnet
- End to end ownership of frontend architecture and how it relates to the "big picture".
- Responsible for creating highly scalable, flexible and resilient architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of best practices.
- Experience in reviewing technical decisions and articulate pros/cons of technology options based on personal experience, industry knowledge, and best practice
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and able to successfully articulate technology concepts to both business and technology audience
- Expert at writing architectural specifications and technical documentation and presentations